Adding bases and outposts to ArmA 2 Wasteland

Shadow_otw
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Adding bases and outposts to ArmA 2 Wasteland

Post by Shadow_otw »

So, back in the day we had an ArmA2 DayZ Epoch server to which we had several bases and outposts added in. I still have those files, and would like to add the map addition to my ArmA2 Wasteland server hosted here. As the directory tree is very different for me, as a novice user/coder/scripter I can't seem to figure out where to put the sqf files so that the server picks them up to add to the Cherno map we have selected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Shadow~
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Adding bases and outposts to ArmA 2 Wasteland

Post by Caliban55 »

I doubt that copying a sqf file from Epoch will work for Wasteland, not as long as both mission use that same procedures/functions. My first guess would be that a marker reference is used, or the bases are defined with coordinates in a config file - you will have to check the documentation for the mission how that is done.

To the stucture, the sqf files should be located in your mission pbo file. You will have to unpack the pbo file and then re-package it with the Editor and upload it to your server mission folder. You can use Mikeros de-pbo tools for this, or the BIS tools:
https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files
Shadow_otw
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Shadow_otw »

Yeah, I have the pbo open, and I can see the individual files and folders. In Epoch, they were added to the CLIENT side file, in a separate folder named buildings, then called out in the client side, INIT as:

[] execVM "buildings\Kamenka Checkpoint.sqf";

or whatever the building or map edit/addition was.

I am thinking that I might just add a 'buildings' folder into the server side here, and then ad the exec into the init and see if that will work. I hate that I don't know more about coding. At the same time, Im trying to add Infistar to the server....great fun!
Shadow_otw
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Shadow_otw »

I meant to say Client not server on the wasteland files...
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Shadow_otw wrote:Yeah, I have the pbo open, and I can see the individual files and folders. In Epoch, they were added to the CLIENT side file, in a separate folder named buildings, then called out in the client side, INIT as:

[] execVM "buildings\Kamenka Checkpoint.sqf";

or whatever the building or map edit/addition was.

I am thinking that I might just add a 'buildings' folder into the server side here, and then ad the exec into the init and see if that will work. I hate that I don't know more about coding. At the same time, Im trying to add Infistar to the server....great fun!
As I mentioned above, Epoch and Wasteland are two completley different missions. Even if you use the sqf file and execute it in the init, Wasteland would still not know how to process the code from the sqf, as long as the authors used the exact same code handling.

You can look in the Wasteland file structure and check how the bases are added there and expand on that.
Shadow_otw
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Shadow_otw »

Radically different, i'd say for sure!

As of today, neither I or support at InfiStar can get even the anti-hack to work. Im about to completely give up. Things were so easy in Epoch. I cant even get the day/night cycles to work properly anymore.

Nothing I try works.
So very frustrated!