Arma 3 Server Full Setup Help Please

gt_eleanor
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 3 Server Full Setup Help Please

Post by gt_eleanor »

Hello all, been using NFO for along time now to run Gmod, teamspeak, and Arma 2 OA DayZ servers, and decided i wanted to try an Arma 3 Exile server. But the control panel for a dedicated A3 server is much different from my old A2 OA DayZ server. Theres no options for anything to setup the server in my control panel, like game type or mod pack downloads, just a mod path selection bar and server restart/shut down options. Are the Retail game servers ran like a VDS/VPS where you have to transfer files and execute them manually using a 3rd party program or is it based off the windows platform like if i tried to run the server of my own PC?

If anyone has any experience doing Arma 3 servers on retail game servers please please help me out with this. Im a fast learner, i just need someone with experience to show me the way.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Arma 3 Server Full Setup Help Please

Post by Caliban55 »

There is a complete step-by-step tutorial on how to set up an ArmA3 Exile server on the official Exile site:

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/17829-gui ... et-potato/

Basically, it involves:
ArmA3 server
External (MySQL) database server, configured correctly
Uploading the mods via FTP to the server
Loading the mods on the server with the -mod= and -servermod= commands

A VDS is usually a bit easier to use for this.
gt_eleanor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gt_eleanor »

Thank you so much for the quick reply my friend, is this install basically the same for a retail server instead of my personal PC? How would i control the batch files using the nfo control panel then? I already paid the money for the server, id hate to drop it and start over with a VDS if i can make the retail server run everything okay. Ill read through and see how the guide lays everything out, i hope you dont mind many more questions. Im sure ill have alot.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

You can't execute a batch file on a standalone server instance. Instead you have to use a FTP client to upload the files that you need to the server folder. I would recommend Filezilla for this:

https://filezilla-project.org/

No problem, if you have any questions, just post them here and I will try to answer them, if possible.
gt_eleanor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gt_eleanor »

I might have to switch to to a VDS/vps then, I don't have internet fast enough to be uploading stupid large files to a machine. But that was my thought process, I'd have to complete the whole guide on my personal rig, then upload the whole deal onto the server, then change a few of the config options to the server like database location. That basically how it would work?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

gt_eleanor wrote:I might have to switch to to a VDS/vps then, I don't have internet fast enough to be uploading stupid large files to a machine. But that was my thought process, I'd have to complete the whole guide on my personal rig, then upload the whole deal onto the server, then change a few of the config options to the server like database location. That basically how it would work?
No, in Arma there is a client side (in this context, basically your computer at home) and a server side. Configuring a client and a server are two different things.

The only part(s) that you would need to upload to the server are the @ExileServer and @Exile mods and load them on the server with the appropiate commands in the server control panel. Your home computer only needs the @Exile mod loaded. The server also needs a working and correctly configured database server to connect to, which is not required for the client.

If you want to, I can also upload these files to your server. You can try to contact me on our Teamspeak:
http://www.tnt-squad.com/