New to running an arma 3 server

RPCOmega
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New to running an arma 3 server

Post by RPCOmega »

Okay so i ran into an issue. I am trying to upload mods to the server for my group before i start doing all our major mods. so I added 2 of them. ACE and CBA. I got them from my workshop folder on my computer, and put them on the server via filezilla. They are in the main directory folder where it shows all the folders like the dlc stuff addons etc. I also did the mod line on the control panel as @ace;@CBA_A3. Now i start the server up and click on the server, it shows both addons on the server but when i join it shows the mod locations on my computer then says "are not signed by a key accepted by this server. to join this server remove lsited files or add additional accepted keys." I thought it was me so i had someone in my group try to join they get the same thing. What exactly am i doing wrong. I went to the help section in control panel and they are telling me its client side.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: New to running an arma 3 server

Post by Caliban55 »

Each mod/DLC in Arma has to be singned by a key, which the server uses to verify if a client uses the correct mod version, or has altered/outdated content (as long as you enabled verfiySignature on your server).

On your client installation, look into the mod folder and find a named keys. Copy the bikey file for each mod that you want to run to the server's keys folder (located in your Arma 3 root folder).

For example, from the @CBA_A3 folder, copy the file cba_3.4.0.170627.bikey to your server's keys folder.
RPCOmega
New to forums
New to forums

Re: New to running an arma 3 server

Post by RPCOmega »

Caliban55 wrote:Each mod/DLC in Arma has to be singned by a key, which the server uses to verify if a client uses the correct mod version, or has altered/outdated content (as long as you enabled verfiySignature on your server).

On your client installation, look into the mod folder and find a named keys. Copy the bikey file for each mod that you want to run to the server's keys folder (located in your Arma 3 root folder).

For example, from the @CBA_A3 folder, copy the file cba_3.4.0.170627.bikey to your server's keys folder.
That worked, thanks a lot man.