unknown Arma Addon

GrimRok512
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

unknown Arma Addon

Post by GrimRok512 »

Hey i got this Error in my Server log when i tried to fire it up after installing some addons wondering if any of yall seen this before 23:53:10 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_CWA_Buildings_C' requires addon 'CABuildings'

P.S. Has anyone had the issue of the mod not bringing all the files over? is there a fix for this? Im using WinSCP as my FTP
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: unknown Arma Addon

Post by Caliban55 »

According to the official CUP site, the CWA addon has dependencies towards Terrains Core and Maps( http://cup-arma3.org/download). This means that those addons have to be loaded before the CWA addon is initialized. Usually the CUP mod is a very well designed and coded mod and authors take this into account in the mod init phases and wait for all dependenciesto be initialized, but to be sure, place the depending mods before the CWA mod in your -mod= parameter.

In this particular case, I would guess that the CABuildings config is provided by CUP Core.

If you are unsure if the mod is corrupted or not loaded correctly, you can compare the checksums in your server's RPT with the ones in you client install by using the mod hash calculator, which is part of the ArmA3 Tools, which you can download under your Steam tools library.

Another, more technical approach is to check the CfgPatch entry for the mod in question and check for the required addons in there, though I would not recommend it, unless you are familiar with addon building/structures.

You can also try to use FileZilla for an FTP client, which allows synchronizing files/folders - this way you should not come into a situation where an upload is missing files (I haven't used WinSCP in some time, so I am not sure if it also offers this function, but would guess that it does).