Server mods not loading, help!

Woody1050
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server mods not loading, help!

Post by Woody1050 »

I am trying to run a dedicated Arma 3 server on a Windows 2012 R2 VDS. I have previously run an A3 server but had to re-install the server OS. This time round however, I am struggling to get mods to load.

The server loads fine and initialises the addons. When I look at the server in game in the server browser, the expansions box (bottom right hand side) doesn't list any of the mods, only vanilla content.

When loading into the server it reads the mission file fine, and hits the loading screen. Loading will complete and I will get a "Receiving" screen. Then I will get put onto a blank loading screen (no map/mission displayed) before getting put back onto the role selection screen. I have attached the server .rpt from the latest test.

Any help is much appreciated as I have been tearing my hair out for days!

Woody.
Attachments
arma3server_x64_2017-10-17_19-55-27.txt
RPT
(572.89 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Server mods not loading, help!

Post by Caliban55 »

Try to start the server without using TADST, it makes troubleshooting a lot harder and is not really needed.

That the mods are not displayed in the server browser is not that much of an issue, the mods seem to load according to the RPT file. You are rying to load a very high number of big mods, try to use a parameter file for this. Also mae sure that every mod you are trying to load support the 64bit version of Arma, or use the 32bit binary instead.

The RPT file also shows a critical error with a local variable in global space, which is, as mentioned, critical (line 2072).
You could try to start the server with adding one mod at a time and check if you can connect to the server.

Another source can be an error in your mission file (which I would say is more likely here). Try to run a default mission and check that you can connect to it correctly past the role selection screen.
Woody1050
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Woody1050 »

Caliban55 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:14 am Try to start the server without using TADST, it makes troubleshooting a lot harder and is not really needed.

That the mods are not displayed in the server browser is not that much of an issue, the mods seem to load according to the RPT file. You are rying to load a very high number of big mods, try to use a parameter file for this. Also mae sure that every mod you are trying to load support the 64bit version of Arma, or use the 32bit binary instead.

The RPT file also shows a critical error with a local variable in global space, which is, as mentioned, critical (line 2072).
You could try to start the server with adding one mod at a time and check if you can connect to the server.

Another source can be an error in your mission file (which I would say is more likely here). Try to run a default mission and check that you can connect to it correctly past the role selection screen.
Hi Caliban,

I have removed all client side mods (unless I missed any) and have started the server without TADST. I know that the mods work with 64bit as I have used them on servers before I had to reinstall the server OS. I have also tried a default mission but it hangs on a loading screen after "Receiving". I have attached the latest RPT.

Thank you again for your help.
Attachments
2ndrpt.txt
(493.94 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Can you please try to start the server with the

Code: Select all

-autoInit
start-up parameter, so that the server starts and reaches the mission init stage automatically (and then connect to the server normally as a client)? Could you also attach your client RPT for after that also?

Another option is to use the mod hash calculator (listed under Misc, once you installed the Arma tools) that is part of the Arma tools (you can find in your Steam library under tools) and than compare the hash strings with the ones that you can find in your RPT file. This way you can check for corrupted mods.

If that also fails, you will have to systematically start the server with adding one mod at a time and check if you can connect to the mission successfully past the role selection screen. If you find an incompatible/problematic mod, either remove it completely, or check if there is a file corruption present, or a new version of the mod available for the latest Arma binary build.