AI and Resets

Valley
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

AI and Resets

Post by Valley »

So, I'm having this issue with my realism server before I put it out public.

Whenever I go on assuming it will disable AI *Like if you hosted it locally it would show to option to disable it* but it dosent so I'm stuck with a bunch of AI which I obviously do not want, I've already looked at forums but they all talk about Description.Ext I'm fairly new to this and do not believe NFO has this anywhere, I also looked in MPMissions but only see an SQF in my file.

The Second issue is when I die it fails the whole mission instead of letting me respawn *which I setup already* and can't figure out how to disable it.

Really need help with this issue. Thanks!

-Valley
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: AI and Resets

Post by Caliban55 »

I am not sure what you mean by "disabling AI"? Do you want to delete an AI unit, or interact with a player selectable unit?

What kind of mission are you trying to set up, self created, or modifying an existing one? An SQF file is scripting file particular to the Arma engine, your MPMissions folder should contain the binarized PBO file, which you can create in the Editor (-> Save as).

You have to set up a respawn options in your mission, either in your Description.ext, or under the new Eden editor in your added in your mission.sqm. Look at the following link, dealing with ArmA3 respawn options: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn
SturmFalke101
New to forums
New to forums

Re: AI and Resets

Post by SturmFalke101 »

Do you mean the AI that fill empty player slots?
description.ext inside the mission file,

Code: Select all

disabledAI = 1;
You can also click the icon to the right of the player slot to disable the AI for that slot.
The above reply is correct.

Also, if you are testing in SP, respawn systems don't work.
I think if you keep AI enabled you can test in MP as local or on the server.