Scheduled Restarts on VDS

mubby
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Scheduled Restarts on VDS

Post by mubby »

I have a .bat file that will automatically start the server, and restart the server if its session time expires, but I love how reliable your scheduled restart system is for game servers and was wondering if there is any possible way to configure a similar set up. If my game server on my VDS gets manually restarted or crashes, it will throw my restart times off, which isn't the end of the world, but it will make it a bit frustrating to deal with.

Here is what's in my .bat file:

Code: Select all

@echo off
color 0a
title Exile Monitor
:Serverstart
echo Launching Server
C: 
cd "C:\Arma\Server"
echo Exile Server Monitor... Active !
start "Arma3" /Realtime /min /wait arma3server_x64.exe -bepath=C:\Arma\Server\battleye -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi_x64 -hugePages -noSplash -noPause -noSound -loadMissionToMemory -mod=@cba;@exile;Kart;Mark;Heli;@cupc;@cupm;@cupu;@cupv;@cupw;@cdah;@ebm;@tryk;@adk;@wy; -servermod=@exileserver;@infistar;@infiSTAR_TM;@zed;@A3XAI; -config=C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=FindersKeepers -cfg=C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=FindersKeepers -autoinit

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 15 >NUL
echo Exile Server Shutdown ... Restarting!
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
cls
goto Serverstart
Am I missing something?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Scheduled Restarts on VDS

Post by TimeX »

Generally people will run their server as a Windows service for that, so that the system will automatically restart it if it crashes, and will run it on system startup. We talk about that more here:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5355

I'm not sure how well those options would tie in with scheduled restarts though, so you may need to get more creative in that regard.
TimeX
mubby
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mubby »

I came across this thread and was considering using this batch:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/d ... 2097633529

Setting the application as a Windows Service does sound like a solid workaround for crashes though! Will look into those sites.
mubby
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mubby »

Just in case anyone else was wondering about this same topic: that steam link I provided above seems to work just fine! I've combined it with the Windows Task Scheduler as the OP mentioned in that post.

I'd recommend building some extra things into the .BAT file to ensure that it double-checks for errors and things, but overall that post in the Steam Community link should do the trick just fine for starting out. :)