ARMA2 Combined Ops ACE Mod help please

DieselJC
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ARMA2 Combined Ops ACE Mod help please

Post by DieselJC »

I'm asking the community here for some advice installing the ACE Mod for ARMA2..I dont expect the admins or tech staff to know the game..afterall they deal with a huge number of different games and cant be expected to know about every single one..
Anyway..I have installed the ACE Mod and set the Mod line as Follows
-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACRE;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib

When I try and start the server it refuses to start..I checked the rpt log and found this..
ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

A bit confused as to where that file should be if its in their and if it isnt where I should put it...Any help would be great..I did also ask on another forumn but thought Id ask here and hopefully another ARMA2 server admin would know..Thanks.

JC
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: ARMA2 Combined Ops ACE Mod help please

Post by kraze »

Not very familiar with the game but this error;

"ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found."

Makes me think that the config file is not there. Have you confirmed the file is there and located within that space?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
DieselJC
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by DieselJC »

Thanks for the reply ..I did figure it out...found out that it needs a userconfig folder inside the main root directory with clientside and serverside hpp's of both ace and acre mods...must be a way the game reads what clients settings are is my guess. thank god for the rpt to help troubleshoot..comes in handy...thanks again for the reply and hope youre havin a good new year.

JC
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I am glad you were able to get it figured out
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!