Arma 2 mod: DayZ

Phear Chyld
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 2 mod: DayZ

Post by Phear Chyld »

Will NFO be hosting the Arma 2 mod DayZ? I would really like to keep all of our servers with NFO.

Official site:
http://www.dayzmod.com

Server info:
http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread ... 2#pid13172
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Arma 2 mod: DayZ

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't had a chance to look at it personally yet, but from that initial post, it sounds as though the authors aren't supporting shared servers, and want it installed on an unmanaged Windows VDS/dedicated machine.
Phear Chyld
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Phear Chyld »

Agreed. Thanks Edge!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Just reading that first post, I want to create an account there to tell the dev's to go screw themselves! They want to control too much of *MY* server, screw them! Can't kick to let a friend on? Really??!?!?

I have completely lost interest in this "mod".
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

TacTicToe wrote:Just reading that first post, I want to create an account there to tell the dev's to go screw themselves! They want to control too much of *MY* server, screw them! Can't kick to let a friend on? Really??!?!?

I have completely lost interest in this "mod".

I would have to agree, it seems they want to have full control of what goes on...On the other hand I understanda that the mod is in beta and tht they want to keep the servers open and free for anyone to play on, no matter of there skill level or play style.

I just don't think that it is a good way to go about it. It may deter people from running the mod or just encourage rule breaking..
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If anyone gets ahold of the DayZ guys, please ask them to contact us at support@nfoservers.com and talk to me. If they work us to add support for their game to our shared system and we set up a good, open line of communication with them, it would offload a lot of the work they're currently doing in setting up, supporting, and monitoring servers to our support team, allowing them to focus on development (which is what they really want to be doing, I suspect :)). It would also make a bunch of people happy that they can set up servers, and clients happy that they have more places to play.

(They should consider doing the same with some other big GSPs, too, and potentially some large communities.)
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

I know someone who is in touch with the developer. I will ask him to pass the message for you.
Trick
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Trick »

Has there been any updates with this?
I know another company have started offering packages but would rather stay with NFO.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I have been trying repeatedly to get in touch with the developers, so far I have nothing. :(
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's definitely still something that you can run on an unmanaged VDS. The biggest sticking point is that you need the developers blessing to run a server.