Car Analogy

gregi
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Car Analogy

Post by gregi »

I Respect Nfo for giving me a refund because I don't know what I'm doing and just jump on a cheap server but I wasn't buying a car. If I was buying a car it would already have tires. But just like dayZ I guess you find cars that need tires?

-Me
Is it possible to setup the dayz mod?

-Them
-Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:05pm - answered by Jordan
Hi,

At the moment we do not support DayZ on a managed setup and it needs to be run on an unmanaged VDS.

-Me
Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:21pm
I don't know what that is. can I have a refund?

-Them
Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:25pm - answered by TimeX
What is it that you wanted a refund on exactly? Also, may I ask why you want a refund?

Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:26pm - answered by Jordan
We have a very strict policy against refunds as it is against our TOS;
https://www.nfoservers.com/termsofservice.php

Which is agreed to when ordering a service here.

Would you be willing to accept a coffer credit instead of a refund? A coffer credit is just like cash and doesn't not expire, nor loose value. It can be used to order a new service here or pay for an additional one at any time.

-Me
Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:27pm
what is a VDS?

-Them
Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:29pm - answered by Jordan
A VDS stands for Virtual Dedicated Server. It is basically a computer running in a virtual environment with dedicated resources for your server.

-Me
Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:36pm
If I can't run dayz off this then i'll take the credit. And I'm going to cancel my other two servers here also because NFO doesn't want to give me a refund for this server I never used.

-Them
Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:41pm - answered by Jordan
I am only showing one active server here, the other one has been ordered but not paid for.

I have no problem working with you, I just would like to get to the bottom of everything before I can consider a refund.

You wouldn't buy a car just to see if the tire you have fit and return if it didn't, right? Same concept here. We do not offer DayZ and it was not listed on our order page. So it would of been best to inquire about DayZ first before buying a server.

I just wanted to make it clear that we did not offer DayZ and that refunds are against our TOS. If you understand that please go ahead and cancel the server, and reply here so I can process your refund.

Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:46pm
done

Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:48pm - answered by Jordan
The server has been disabled and a refund of $35.19 has been applied to the default payment source on the account. At anytime if you would like to resubscribe you can do so on the payments tab in your control panel.

-My conclusion is they will give you a refund but might insult you with an analogy first.
Ps I have two other servers for cod4 on my brother's account. The other two that are unpaid for are in a wish list from '09?
fackstah
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Car Analogy

Post by fackstah »

If you respect them why post this ?

just shows that you bought somthing with little research or knowledge of the end product and service

as a consumer in the 21st century you have to be more wise with your money and not spend it on an impulse buy and do research ( such as a cheap server for a game that is unsupported by the server hoster)

IMO this is not NFO's fault but only the consumers
What is Fackstah ?
I used to work for acclaim games on 2moons then i opened fussion-networks.com we had over 28 thousand players on our dekaron servers in its prime i create Games in Unity on my spare time
http://fussion-networks.com/desolate/
gregi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gregi »

This is Nfo. I've bought from them b4 and expect quality service. They could give me a refund without trying to sell my tires. I didn't think they wouldn't have dayZ under control dude.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I wasn't trying to insult you with my horrible analogy, please accept my apologies if it was taken the wrong way.

I was merely trying to strike a comparison between something where you wouldn't spend money unless you were sure on what you were getting.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

A refund should not have been granted, per our public and internal policies, so that was very generous of the staffmember to do.

On your end, switching to an unmanaged VDS would have allowed you to do what you wanted (run a DayZ server) without losing any credit or requiring a refund.

Here is a DayZ-relevant KB article: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =60&t=7615