Some Questions

Beast-Machine
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Some Questions

Post by Beast-Machine »

Hello, I am new to running a game server. I want to run an Arma 2 Combined Operations 64 player server, with a custom mission and possible mods.

Does the game server rental here allow mods and custom missions?
If so, do I have to personally upload my mission to an external site, then download it to the server?
Do I have to download all the mods?

When I get a game server will I be able to adjust everything I want setting, or do I have to download a module (I've seen one on ArmaHolic) to adjust things. If I am given a module can I download the one I saw on Armaholic if the one provided is limited?

When I choose the game type I want, is it predownloaded to the server?

How long do I have to wait from purchase of the server to me recieving access to it?

What type of system will the server be running on?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Some Questions

Post by kraze »

Does the game server rental here allow mods and custom missions?
If so, do I have to personally upload my mission to an external site, then download it to the server?
Do I have to download all the mods?
Mods and custom missions should be fine, you will need to upload all mods and custom missions to your servers FTP.
When I get a game server will I be able to adjust everything I want setting, or do I have to download a module (I've seen one on ArmaHolic) to adjust things. If I am given a module can I download the one I saw on Armaholic if the one provided is limited?
You should be able to adjust everything, we do not restrict access to ArmaII servers and you will have full FTP access. If you wish you can also choose to download an rcon tool.
When I choose the game type I want, is it predownloaded to the server?
When you order a ArmaII server you get ArmaII, if you order an OA server you will have an OA server..etc.
How long do I have to wait from purchase of the server to me recieving access to it?
Server setup is automatic and the process starts as soon as your payment clears or until you have set up a payment source if you are a new customer. However depending on the que it will be about 30-60 minutes.
What type of system will the server be running on?
If I remember correctly ArmaII servers are run from Windows 2003 or 2008.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Beast-Machine
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Beast-Machine »

Thank you for the reply, I some more questions.

Do I only need the game server? I was looking at the Dedicated Server knowledgebase and read that people with those need to also order the game.

From what I was going by is only need to order a game server to run my server correct?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Do I only need the game server? I was looking at the Dedicated Server knowledgebase and read that people with those need to also order the game.
Yes, you only need a game server. What you read was probably a guide on how the user sets up the server on there dedicated machine or VDS.

From what I was going by is only need to order a game server to run my server correct?
Correct, you only need to buy a game server.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Beast-Machine
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Beast-Machine »

Thank you for answering all my questions, I appreciate it. I look forward to getting my first game server set up in the near future, thank you.