ACE and ACRE help

rrtssarge
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ACE and ACRE help

Post by rrtssarge »

ok i have installed ACE and Acre on the server and when i try to boot the server it wont start and i have all the mods in the right place and the right mod line
arma2;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@jayarma2lib_new;

and yet the server will never boot up and idk how to see were server error files go when it fails to boot or i could find out what the problem
rrtssarge
New to forums
New to forums

Re: ACE and ACRE help

Post by rrtssarge »

Never mind i got it to work but i cant get any of my Insergency mission to work like there in the list but when i try to load one it just keeps kicking me back to the mission list
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

rrtssarge wrote:Never mind i got it to work but i cant get any of my Insergency mission to work like there in the list but when i try to load one it just keeps kicking me back to the mission list
If it is a Linux based server, did you rename the mission extensio to lower-case?
For example ace_insurgency1_50.takistan.pbo?

The world island (takistan here) has to be in lower case letters, not Takistan.
rrtssarge
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rrtssarge »

it is windows base but im thinking that ace may not be installed right or server isnt dectecting installed Ace and the other mods to the arma2/addons folder in the ftp but i doubt this is were its supose to be
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

rrtssarge wrote:it is windows base but im thinking that ace may not be installed right or server isnt dectecting installed Ace and the other mods to the arma2/addons folder in the ftp but i doubt this is were its supose to be
OK, let's see then. ACE and all other components/mods should not go into the Addons folder, they should be installed in the ArmA2 root folder (for example, .../Bohemia Interactive/) in the folder form of @ACE, @ACEX,... If you use the Sixx update, look at the structure it created on your home computer and of course you can also use it on the ArmA2 server.

Second, try to use the follwing starting line for the arma2oaserver:

-mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy

Add whatever mods you want to load. It is important that @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA and @CBA is put before loading @ACE.

Also note, that the @ reflect the folder names in your ArmA2 root folder that I mentioned above.