Arma 2 RCon

Stinger656
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 2 RCon

Post by Stinger656 »

I have literally been trying for 3 hours trying to get RCon setup and have non stopped googled. First off i changed the config for Battleye=1, then created the BEserver.cfg in the expansions\battleye folder, then put

RConpassword xxxx
Maxping 200

but when i try to connect to rcon with the server ip from description tab and the port from the status tab and the password i put in the file it says "failed to connect". Any help would be appreciated!!
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Arma 2 RCon

Post by Caliban55 »

Try to set your BattlEye folder with the following command in your startup parameters to use the correct folder with the .cfg in it file:

-bepath=PATH_TO_YOUR_BE_FOLDER

Also look in your RPT file and see what the actual problem with the connection was/is.
Stinger656
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Stinger656 »

Where exactly do i put start up commands i am a bit new to hosting a server :P.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

After extensively testing this I was able to get this working on several servers hosted here. I have made a guide which explains how to set it up;

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =60&t=8160

For customers setting this up on unmanaged machines your BattlEye working directory is the folder that you specified with this command line parameter; profiles=cfg. For normal servers from NFO the working directory is always in the "cfg" folder.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!