Having Arma 2:CO Server Errors

frankysat
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Having Arma 2:CO Server Errors

Post by frankysat »

I rented a server from NFO to run some arma 2 but just a pain in the ass. I had an easier time setting up a private server off my own machine then having any luck at getting this server to respond. At first nothing would load until you logged into the server and manually picked a map. Thought id scrap all that and run Wasteland, (was such an easy install on my machine). Server loads, allows logins, then it just waits for host. Being its a rental theres only so much i can do about the files which are installed. First i got this error out of the RPT;

Version 1.62.95251
20:53:00 Missing addons detected:
20:53:00 chernarus
20:53:00 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus

Second I noticed this rental is running this;

ca;Arma2: operation arrowhead;Arma 2:britsh armed forces (lite);Arma 2 pvt miltry compy (lite);

Every other server ive checked has this,

arma 2;Arma2: operation arrowhead;Arma 2:britsh armed forces (lite);Arma 2 pvt miltry compy (lite)

Theres gotta be someone out there that has some answers. The poor customer service guys I think have had enough trying to troubleshoot this.
frankysat
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Having Arma 2:CO Server Errors

Post by frankysat »

Ive got farther with the wasteland thing. I get to the map, load it into team selection then it hanngs up and this is the error

Version 1.62.95251
0:22:07 Missing addons detected:
0:22:07 chernarus
0:22:07 caweapons_ammoboxes
0:22:07 CAWater
0:22:07 cawater2_fishing_boat
0:22:07 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, caweapons_ammoboxes, CAWater, cawater2_fishing_boat
0:22:07 Missing addons detected:
0:22:07 chernarus
0:22:07 caweapons_ammoboxes
0:22:07 CAWater
0:22:07 cawater2_fishing_boat
0:22:07 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, caweapons_ammoboxes, CAWater, cawater2_fishing_boat
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Your errors result from missing ArmA2 content, to be exact the Chernarus parts, which means that the server is not running up to full CO requirements.

Look if you have a @arma2 folder, if it is there rename it to arma2.

Another option would be to load the @arma2 file on the -mod= startup parameter, for example -mod=@arma2

Please post a screenshot if possible from your folder structure on the server and I can take a closer look at this.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Our ArmA2:OA servers come with the full ArmA2 content in the "arma2" folder, which is why we use "arma2;expansion;ca" on the command line to load CO (this causes it to read what's in there -- CO is simply ArmA2:OA + ArmA2). Are you sure that you have all three of these there on your "Server control" page?

When I've looked at other servers in the browser, they've said a variety of things. Some match what ours say, some don't.