new server: stuck on waiting for host

Lando9290
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

new server: stuck on waiting for host

Post by Lando9290 »

Ok I got a server. Trying to run wasteland.

Got my server.cfg file set to

class Missions
{
class default
{
template="Lando.Chernarus";// omit the .pbo suffix
difficulty="regular";// // difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran or mercenary (see CfgDifficulties in the main game config)

};
};

I have the files in the MPMissions folder, when i get into game it shows the map for a flash and then wait for host. I have logged into admin panel and can see it as a mission option however i cant run it.

I have tried a bunch of combinations with this and other .pbo's but no such luck. I can however run the basic coop missions if i leave those in my server.cfg as it is originally loaded.

I am trying to run wasteland so since my server is Arma OA it should work. As far as i know there are no addons.

Any thoughts?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: new server: stuck on waiting for host

Post by Edge100x »

When I helped a customer run Wasteland earlier today, his problem was the .pbo file. I installed this one for him: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... -Wasteland

I did this by:
  1. Uploading the .pbo to the "MPMissions" folder in his FTP
  2. Changing his server.cfg to have this for the Missions section:

Code: Select all

class Missions
    {
    	class Wasteland
    	{
    		template="Wasteland_v1db.Chernarus";
    		difficulty="Regular";
    	};

};
  3. Changing the "-mods" line on the "Server control" page (to make it load CO): arma2;expansion;ca
  4. Restarting the server
There are different versions of Wasteland. Some work and some don't, and some may have different install steps, such as requiring a specific beta of OA (we do not support ArmA2:OA/ArmA2 betas at this time). This is just one example of a working configuration.