Question about Minimum Server Size

YingPar
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Question about Minimum Server Size

Post by YingPar »

Is there any way to make an ArmAII server with less than the 32 player minimum on the order form? Some friends and I have a Minecraft server we were thinking of turning into an ArmA server so that we could play through the co-op campaign, and we really only need the four slots.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Question about Minimum Server Size

Post by Edge100x »

We enforce the high minimum server size for ArmA2 because of the game's extreme resource requirements. Due to the nature of ArmA2, we have found that it often uses a full processor core (or more), regardless of server size. We could compensate for this by just having all sizes up to 32 be about the same price, but for simplicity, we just use a minimum, instead.
YingPar
New to forums
New to forums

Post by YingPar »

Makes sense, thank you!

And cheers on the fantastic service we've gotten so far, by the way. The best server I've ever had!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

They only offer a 32 slots as a minimum, but if you have full access to the files, and you still want a smaller size, you can edit you files and lower the size to your needs.
The config file has a max players setting which I would assume is the same as our Dayz servers. If your really ambitious, there are also other files which require unpacking to edit and basically hardcode the settings. This is something I do so that people that edit the config file can't get more slot than they have.

Or easier would to ignore the server size and password the entire thing for the 4 of you.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/