I have imported missions into the MPmissions file, but every

connorwarman
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I have imported missions into the MPmissions file, but every

Post by connorwarman »

Title says it all.

Every time I try to start the server with a mission created by me, the server redirects me to a base vanilla mission. Such as Deathmatch.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: I have imported missions into the MPmissions file, but e

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Not sure what variation of the game you are using, but I might be able to help some with my knowledge of dayz servers which use the same basics.

The mission you imported, I would assume it uses a different file name than the default?
If so, in your server config, you would have to update the template and change it from the default.

In dayz, it's near the bottom of the .cfg file.

Code: Select all

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
	class DayZ {
		template = dayz_9.mbg_celle2;
		difficulty = "veteran";    // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
	};
};
Change: template = yourmissionfilename

Save it and restart the server.

Hope it's close enough to help you out.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
connorwarman
New to forums
New to forums

Post by connorwarman »

Here is my command line with the mods I use listed,

arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib;@sthud;@stmovement;@mbg_buildings3;@mbg_celle2;@Podagorsk;@panthera;@FDF_Podagorsk;@Clafghan;@opx_objects;@razmisc;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Can you attach the server.cfg file.
It may be called something other than 'server'.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

connorwarman wrote:Here is my command line with the mods I use listed,

arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib;@sthud;@stmovement;@mbg_buildings3;@mbg_celle2;@Podagorsk;@panthera;@FDF_Podagorsk;@Clafghan;@opx_objects;@razmisc;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn
You are mixing several world islands in the startup parameters. Technically possible, but a very bad idea, as the tie up memory resources (I mean the @Podagorsk, @panthera, @clafghan). Try to keep it only at one island and combine this with the appropiate mission for the world island.

2nd: What Major.Pain posted is completley correct, you did not define the mission that you created in your server.cfg file, thus is falls back to a default mission (first one in OA is a detector mission I think). Depending on what kind of mission you created in the editor (Singleplayer or Multiplayer, save it in the correct format), the .pbo file has to be in the mpmissions folder on the server (and I guess you intended your mission to be multiplayer).

Follow this link for a standard server.cfg file (the path to the server.cfg file should also go into your startup parameter, in the form: -server=\YOUR_PATH_HERE\server.cfg)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

Here is what a standard servr.cfg look like:

Code: Select all

//
// server.cfg
//
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "Fun and Test Server";			// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "";						// Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = "xyz";					// Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
//reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com";		// For ArmA1 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";		// For ArmA2 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";		// For Arma2: Operation Arrowhead
logFile = "server_console.log";				// Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
motd[] = {
	"", "",  
	"Two empty lines above for increasing interval",
	"Welcome to our server",
	"", "",  
	"We are looking for fun - Join us Now !",
	"http://www.example.com",
	"One more empty line below for increasing interval",
	""
};
motdInterval = 5;					// Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
checkfiles[] = {};					// Outdated.
maxPlayers = 64;					// Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 1;					// Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures = 2;					// Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed). 
equalModRequired = 0;					// Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.
//requiredBuild = 12345					// Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;					// Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 0.33;					// 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 1;						// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 0;					// since 1.62.95417 supports range 1-20 //since 1.63.x will supports range 1-30 //8kHz is 0-10, 16kHz is 11-20, 32kHz is 21-30
persistent = 1;						// If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.
timeStampFormat = "short";				// Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".
BattlEye = 1;                                           // Server to use BattlEye system

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";					//
onUserDisconnected = "";				//
doubleIdDetected = "";					//
//regularCheck = "{}";                                  //  Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. Causes heavy I/O, uncomment to disable feature - READ WARNING ABOVE - makes cheating possible!

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";		// unsigned data detected
onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)";			// tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions
{
	class COOP_HikeInTheHills
	{
		template="MPE1_HikeInTheHills.Takistan";// omit the .pbo suffix
		difficulty="regular";// difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran or mercenary (see CfgDifficulties in the main game config)
	};
	class COOP_LaserShow
	{
		template="MPE1_LaserShow.Takistan";
		difficulty="regular";
	};
	class COOP_Littlebird
	{
		template="MPE1_Littlebird.Takistan";
		difficulty="regular";
	};
	class COOP_OneShotOneKill
	{
		template="MPE1_OneShotOneKill.Takistan";
		difficulty="regular";
	};
	class COOP_SteelPanthers
	{
		template="MPE_SteelPanthers.Takistan";
		difficulty="regular";
	};
	class CTI_MountainWarfare
	{
		template="MPE_MountainWarfare.Takistan";
		difficulty="regular";
	};
	class CTI_MountainWarfare3Sided
	{
		template="MPE_MountainWarfare3Sided.Takistan";
		difficulty="regular";
	};
	class CTI_UrbanWarfare
	{
		template="MP_UrbanWarfare.Zargabad";
		difficulty="regular";
	};
	class SCont_SectorControl
	{
		template="MPE_SectorControl.Zargabad";
		difficulty="veteran";
	};
	class DM_Dogfighters
	{
		template="MPE1_Dogfighters.Takistan";
		difficulty="veteran";
	};
	class Team_HuntersHunted
	{
		template="MPE1_HuntersHunted.Takistan";
		difficulty="veteran";
	};
};
Under the class mission section, insert your mission in the following form:

class YOUR_MISSION_NAME (can be anything)
{
template="YOUR_MISSION_NAME (has to be exact, without the .pbo)";
difficulty="veteran";
};
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Noticed that also.
Mixing Panthera and Celle.

If you have multiple templates listed like above and you add your template at the bottom, I would assume it would always start with the first one in the rotation.

Place our template at the top of the list, or just remove them all and leave just the template you want.
connorwarman
New to forums
New to forums

Post by connorwarman »

Tried the rotation, when I set the missions up in there I could not start the server.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Post your server.cfg file please. Also take a look at your .RPT file, it will tell you why the server did not start. Did you include all the dependencies for your mission? What happens when you start the server with a standard mission?

And for testing it is best only to define one mission, not a rotation.