Arma server reports strange error

Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Arma server reports strange error

Post by Caliban55 »

Gustafson wrote:I reset the server and re-installed the mods and that seems to have done the trick.
For whatever reason I think ACEX was causing issues.

Thanks for all the help guys, but now there is some more questions/problems I have.

1. How do I change the server so that players can connect no matter what mods they are using?

2. How do i allow custom faces/skins.

3. I cannot select missions, the mission screen does not open even though I have mp missions installed on the server.

4. When i disconnect it shows that i am still in the server and I cannot reconnect after that.
(I cant start the mission or change slots, it seems like the server is not responding)
To 1. Not a good idea and why would you want that? The clients should use the Play with Six utility with the Server Browser tab (or a similar program), so that their version automatically matches the server. That option is especially important with ACE/CBA, which frequently change. But to answer your question, I don't know of an option where joining to the server with any kind mod is possible (that is no running on the server).

Side-note here: The server also has to maintain the (matching) key files, so that the clients can join, if you enabled verifySignatures = 2; in your server.cfg (highly recommended!!!).

To 2. Custom faces/sounds can be configured in the arma2.cfg file, look for the line: MaxCustomFileSize=0; set this to your desired value in KB
language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
MinBandwidth=10000000;
MaxBandwidth=2147483647;
MaxMsgSend=256;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;
MinErrorToSend=0.0099999998;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.0099999998;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
Also not a good idea though, as that can result in lag on the server. The custom files are transmitted over the network to every client, which is especially not good with large files.

To 3. You have to logged in as a server admin, set a server password in the server.cfg and log into the Server Control ingame.

To 4. How long after you disconnect does this happen? The server caches players, so after a few seconds you should be able to reconnect. Do you also appear to be still ingame when you check with the Rcon? Otherwise, on what mission does this happen?
Gustafson
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Gustafson »

Caliban55 wrote: To 3. You have to logged in as a server admin, set a server password in the server.cfg and log into the Server Control ingame.

To 4. How long after you disconnect does this happen? The server caches players, so after a few seconds you should be able to reconnect. Do you also appear to be still ingame when you check with the Rcon? Otherwise, on what mission does this happen?

3. I was admin when I tried selecting a mission, the mission screen doesn't even pop up.

4. Until I restart the game, Yes I appear to still be in game. This happens on the setup screen.

also the server does not show up in six updater's server browser.
Gustafson
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Gustafson »

Gustafson wrote:

4. Until I restart the game, Yes I appear to still be in game. This happens on the setup screen.
Scratch that, even when i restart the game I'm apparently still in the server.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

You have an interesting Arma2 installation there :) .

What kind of server are you renting from NFO, managed or unmanaged? Also, can you give me your Arma2 server IP/name so I can take a look at it?

As I mentioned before, try to catch me in Teamspeak, so we can go over the config in real time.

As a first idea, check your server config file and look for the line

Code: Select all

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";         // For Operation Arrowhead.
See if that is not commented out and active. Also check if your server is not started with two instances running under the same IP/Port. When you stop the server, all connections should be canceled. What happens when you kick yourself from the server with the RCON interface?

Small addition/correction to point 1 I made. You could try to set

Code: Select all

verifySignatures = 0;
so that key checking is disabled and clients can connect with any mods installed. Not sure if that will work and I can't really recommend it. As longs as you are not using the beta patch, version 2 bikey checking is a good security setting.