Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Arma server reports strange error

Post by Caliban55 »

OK, just made a few quick test here.

If I use the standard arma2oaserver.exe (not the beta) with the following parameter for start-up I do not receive any errors and the mission loads fine:

-mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;

In combination with the beta patch the following parameters are working without any problems:

-mod=@CBA_CO;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;

So whatever is causing the error is not directly the CBA or ACE part. Please try to start your server with only the CBA and ACE parts as I did above and see if is working. Also please post your .RPT file so I can take a better look what part is actually calling the function (and that error message there was also clipped I think). Another question, does the error occur on your client, or on the server?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Caliban55 wrote:OK, just made a few quick test here.

If I use the standard arma2oaserver.exe (not the beta) with the following parameter for start-up I do not receive any errors and the mission loads fine:

-mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;

In combination with the beta patch the following parameters are working without any problems:

-mod=@CBA_CO;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;

So whatever is causing the error is not directly the CBA or ACE part. Please try to start your server with only the CBA and ACE parts as I did above and see if is working. Also please post your .RPT file so I can take a better look what part is actually calling the function (and that error message there was also clipped I think). Another question, does the error occur on your client, or on the server?
The devs of CBA said that "expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;" is required before @CBA_CO otherwise the error pops up.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:
The devs of CBA said that "expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;" is required before @CBA_CO otherwise the error pops up.
You are right of course Major Pain, the beta has to be loaded first. I just did not put that in again as I already mentioned the @CBA_CO in combination with the beta.

That here was meant to see where the "Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'" error was coming from. It has to happen after the CBA and ACE components with some of the mods loaded later.

As I said, I could not reproduce the error message with my CBA and ACE installation.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Did you test it with just -mod=@cba_co@othermods?
That's when that error seems to occur.
Gustafson
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Gustafson »

I'm not able to designate folder paths in URx's mod specification line.

That being said I've tried most of what you guys have suggested, but my server log reports the same error again and again.

Most likely going to reset the server and re-upload the mods If this problem persists.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If it requires that the beta be run, that could prevent you from using it on a managed server here. This is because we do not support running beta .exe files.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The test I performed were the following:
without the beta:
"D:\arma2_dedicated_server\arma2oaserver.exe" -mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy; -config=server_arma2oa.cfg -bepath=D:\ArmA2_BEServer -netlog

with beta patch:
"D:\arma2_dedicated_server\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@CBA_CO;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy; -config=server_arma2oa.cfg -bepath=D:\ArmA2_BEServer -netlog

The required Add-On listed in the Class cba_xeh_oa config.cpp are:

Code: Select all

requiredAddons[] = {"CBA_Main","CBA_XEH","CAData","HALO_Test","CA_Modules","CA_Missions_AlternativeInjurySimulation","CA_Modules_Alice","CA_Missions_AmbientCombat","CA_Modules_Animals","CA_Missions_BattlefieldClearance","CA_Modules_clouds","CA_Modules_Coin","CA_Missions_FirstAidSystem","CA_Modules_Functions","CA_Missions_GarbageCollector","CA_HighCommand","CA_Modules_Marta","CA_Modules_Silvie","BI_SRRS","CA_Modules_UAV","CA_Modules_ZoRA","CA_Animals2_Chicken","CA_Modules_ARTY","CA_Missions_SecOps","CA_Modules_StratLayer","CAAir","CAMisc3","CAA10","CAAir2","CAAir3","CAUI","CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E"};
Gustafson, please try to load only the CBA and ACE addons only and see if that works. I dimly remember a error with that happening with other world island files like eskebistan, so leave those out. Also please post your CBA and ACE versions together with a RPT file.
Gustafson
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Gustafson »

I removed all other unessential mods from the specify line, unfortunately I'm still getting the error.

Versions are as follows:

ACE v1.14rc1
CBA v1.0.0
A2 Op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops) 1.62.0.95248
Gustafson
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Gustafson »

.RPT report:

Version 1.62.95251
Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post your full command line so we can see exactly what addon mods your testing with now.
Gustafson
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Gustafson »

Command line:

arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Not sure if the order matters, but maybe change it to -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

If that doesn't help, start by using:

ArmA II:
Code:
-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead
Code:
-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

ArmA II: Combined Operations
Code:
-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

Start with the first set of mods and test it to see if the error goes away, then test the second, and then the third.
Then you can see which cause errors and whcih don't, and maybe find what one causes the issue.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Command line:

arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE
Your are missing to load the @ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy; parts for ACE, it should look like this:

-mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_A2;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;

The CBA uses both CBA_A2 and CBA_OA components so sepperating them should not work as in your example Major.Pain (but give it a try).

What mission are you trying to load? If you want to, try to catch me in Teamspeak so we can go over this in real-time.

BTW, the versions are:
ACE: 589
ACEX: 370
ACEX_RU: 76
ACEX_USNavy: 77
CBA: 187
CBA_A2: 8
CBA_OA: 6
Gustafson
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Gustafson »

I reset the server and re-installed the mods and that seems to have done the trick.
For whatever reason I think ACEX was causing issues.

Thanks for all the help guys, but now there is some more questions/problems I have.

1. How do I change the server so that players can connect no matter what mods they are using?

2. How do i allow custom faces/skins.

3. I cannot select missions, the mission screen does not open even though I have mp missions installed on the server.

4. When i disconnect it shows that i am still in the server and I cannot reconnect after that.
(I cant start the mission or change slots, it seems like the server is not responding)