Dedicated Wasteland Server

187lloyd
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Dedicated Wasteland Server

Post by 187lloyd »

Is there a way to set up a server to be dedicated...ie...always on for the mod Wasteland. I figured out how to install the mod and get the server to run the mission.

The problem is, when the server is empty, it is in "creating" mode waiting for players to join, then the game starts. When last player leaves it considers the mission done and resets.

What I would like to do is have the server running and up all the time. If the server is in "creating" mode it does not show the Type (COOP) and the Mission (Wasteland) until it is actually playing. I would also like it to keep the progress that everyone has done if everyone leaves. No server reset until the server actually resets and not an "auto" reset when the last player leaves.

Pretty much if you filter servers they all show "Name of Server" Type -COOP Mission- Wasteland #of players "playing" 0/64

Our server just shows "Name of Server" "creating" 0/64 which means if anyone filters for the Wasteland mod they won't see it, until the game is started.
187lloyd
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Dedicated Wasteland Server

Post by 187lloyd »

Or is there a way for the server to start the mission with out any players on it?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

In your server config file, enable persistency:

persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.
187lloyd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 187lloyd »

Thank you very much
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Would changing that also work on a dayz server.

Reason I ask is that when a dayz server is restarted, it sits in a hibernation mod until some one joins the server. Once someone joins, then it builds the world.

If persistance=1 was turned on, would it automatically render the world, and then stop the timer on the first player joining?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Actually looking at the config, it already is that way, so I guess I answered my own question. lol
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/