Private Dayz with NFO VDS - Help needed

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Private Dayz with NFO VDS - Help needed

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Incorrect. It creates parts of the database then fails.

Prerequisite: MySQL Server 5.x with TCP/IP Networking enabled

Are we ok with this prerequisite?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Seems the errors come from the .sql trying to add procedure tables which most mysql don't like.
Installed all the .sql files manually skipping any errors.

Server and database both installed and server is now up and running.

Have fun.
axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by axRhino »

Edge100x wrote:I do not recommend using the shared webhosting as a remote database, but he can try it. If he does this, he may need to enable external connections if he uses a custom reverse DNS; anything from "%.nfoservers.com" is already allowed.
It was suggested in prior discussions in the NFO forums that hosting the database on the same server as the install was not the best way to go.

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =83&t=8905

If using the webhosting database is going to cause performance issues (ie. lag) or if additional resources are needed above and beyond what we have now, then perhaps this isn't worth the effort at this time. We certainly don't want to throw up another shoddy performing server. If we wanted one of those we could go one of the dayz server provider companies for that.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I would test it out as is. If your experiencing a lot of desync, it may be that the mysql can't handle it. But it may be fine.
MikeGracia
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by MikeGracia »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:I would test it out as is. If your experiencing a lot of desync, it may be that the mysql can't handle it. But it may be fine.

First off - sorry if this thread is the wrong place to ask you this QUACK - just I can't seem to PM!

QUACK - you seem like the DayZ 'Guru' around these parts :D

Couple of quick questions, if I may?

1) Do you have a dayz server hosted on an NFO VDS or Dedi in the US? I'm about to take out a VDS, and want to see what the ping rate/lag etc is like for me (I'm in UK - most of our players are US tho, so I'm trying to be nice to them and host in US... but wanna check I can play too!)

2) Have you heard of dayzcc? - I use it currently on our V1layer VPS, and am wondering if I should make a switch to something else whilst moving. Just wondered what your opinion of DayZcc is compared with other control panel type setups?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance!

Mike.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I have my own dedicated servers hosted elsewhere.
You will be happy with anything you go with here.
I only left because I got an offer I couldn't refuse, and now the host would be happy to get rid of us because keeping us is costing them money. As long as I keep paying, they can't get rid of me. lol

Not much of a fan of Vilayer. Heard many bad things about over loading servers.
My issue was more because they tried to charge people for free mods in the beginning, but the community retaliated against them and they finally changed their minds.

I use Reality for all our servers. Never tried daycc.

You might find you get a higher ping, so you may have to eventually increase the value of the max ping for Battleye so it doesn't kick you off. If you database and gameserver are both in North America, it would be better and reduce any desync.
MikeGracia
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by MikeGracia »

Cool, thanks.

DayZcc has been pretty easy so far, but the modified some of the files (server_spawnheli and stuff), so although at first it was based on bliss/reality, its not quite the same now... Coupled with the fact that the main dev has stopped developing it - I might not stick with it, as would be a bit silly to set-up a new server with something that's on its way out, I guess - rumours its guna be carried on by the community, but... Meh! I don't know about that ;)

Main thing I like was I had the ability to create multiple admin logins for the control panel, giving my admins set powers (kick/ban, fix some glitches etc) - but if nothing else offers that, I have written a few little php based tools myself to interact with the MySQL database, so I guess I 'could' do some more like that (boooo! Try to get away from web dev when not at work! lol).

Anywayz, thanks for your help and advice :)
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:I have my own dedicated servers hosted elsewhere.
You will be happy with anything you go with here.
I only left because I got an offer I couldn't refuse, and now the host would be happy to get rid of us because keeping us is costing them money. As long as I keep paying, they can't get rid of me. lol

Not much of a fan of Vilayer. Heard many bad things about over loading servers.
My issue was more because they tried to charge people for free mods in the beginning, but the community retaliated against them and they finally changed their minds.

I use Reality for all our servers. Never tried daycc.

You might find you get a higher ping, so you may have to eventually increase the value of the max ping for Battleye so it doesn't kick you off. If you database and gameserver are both in North America, it would be better and reduce any desync.