ArmA 2 OA ACE / Play withSix

xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ArmA 2 OA ACE / Play withSix

Post by xProlithium »

I am attempting to run an ACE server with beta using play withsix, when i join ,it kicks me out for a "keys not signed" error, in the RPT file this is all that shows:

Code: Select all

"=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe
== "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2338 -config=TrainingServer\training.cfg -cfg=TrainingServer\trbasic.cfg -profiles=TrainingServer -mod=Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@cba_co;@3lb_f22;@glt_missilebox;@snr;
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2013/06/17 13:11:17
Current time: 2013/06/17 13:17:48

Version 1.62.106400
Updating base class ->ParachuteBase, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Parachute_US_EP1/"
How can i fix this issue?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: ArmA 2 OA ACE / Play withSix

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

In your server.cfg, set signatures=0.
By default it is set at 2, and your server should really be running at 2, but it seems your keys are not valid, missing or out of date.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

With me running an ACE server, and it being for my clan members only, I need everyone to be in sync on the mods they have. Is there, by chance, a program that updates the keys? Is PlaywithSix really not that well configured to let keys go unchecked?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

They don't have anything to do with the keys that I know of.
Each map and mod dev or creator makes the keys and includes them with their packages.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

Alright well i set it up so it does not verify signatures but i placed a game logic module dictating that it requires ACE mods. Thank you :)
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Disabling the signature check is usually not a recommended way. Your server.cfg file should enable version 2 keys (version 1 has been compromised come time ago) by setting the line verifySignatures = 2; .

To get the signature checks to work; you have two folders in your Arma installation named "Keys", one in your Arma2 root (which is for Arma2) and one in your Expansions (which is for OA). Copy the .bikey files you can find in your Add-Ons (for example ace_b579.bikey) into those folder on the server, the client already has them. If you used Play with Six, you can find the .bikey files in the \store\keys folder in each Add-On.

Your mod load line is also not correct by the way, the CBA libraries have to be loaded before you load Add-On depending on them. As a rule of thumb, always load CBA first. Your mod line should look something like this: -mod=Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@cba_co;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@3lb_f22;@glt_missilebox;@snr;