Arma 3 Servers for Managed VDS's

axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 3 Servers for Managed VDS's

Post by axRhino »

Any idea when server files will be available so that those of us with a manages VDS can get a server up and going?

Second...we have a 4 core VDS and will want to run both BF4 and A3 along with out old CoD2 server. Any recommendations on the number of cores needed? Yes I know BF4 isnt out but I'm assuming BF3 type requirements.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Arma 3 Servers for Managed VDS's

Post by kraze »

We are still looking into Arma 3 at the moment. Currently there isn't an official ETA.

We haven't been able to test BF4 servers files due to there being no official announcement on who's going to be able to host servers. However, I imagine BF4 will be similar to BF3 usage. We've detailed BF3's usage here.
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=5815

At the moment I believe a four core VDS should do you well, but it would be a good idea to take it slow and watch usage as you put those servers up and be ready to upgrade if needed.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by axRhino »

Thanks for the feedback...I noticed even (edited by staff to remove competitors name) is already selling Arma 3 servers.

Whats the holdup?

My steam install package has a server app in it.

The release is in three days but hopefully we aren't waiting months before we can run a server.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It is something we plan on supporting, I do not have an ETA on when it will be available, though.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

When adding servers to allow managed customers to install, NFO must also allow shared rentals of said game. They need to do performance testing to evaluate the cost to run, and the price to charge.

They also need to get a default install set up, create a way for their system to grab and distribute files and updates, and a bunch of other things I assume too.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, there is quite a bit of work involved with adding support for a game to our system.

It does not surprise me that other companies are selling servers early. I considered doing this after the alpha began, but never found the time to implement it. I'm going to try to find some time today.
axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by axRhino »

Excellent.

I know we would be willing to help you test if it would be helpful.

We have resisted installing the beta and running a server on an unmanaged rig but from a community standpoint we'd like to be prepared to host it as soon as the game is released.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've finished adding this support now. For standalone servers, I priced it the same as ArmA2, but may need to update that up or down later, based on actual usage.