My client freezes when trying to join my server!

Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

My client freezes when trying to join my server!

Post by Vanderburg »

The most common reason for this is because your map and mapgroup do not match. This article is only useful if you aren't using a custom mapgroup.

Go to the File manager tab of your control panel and edit autoexec.cfg. In this file, look at the mapgroup that is set, as well as the map.

There's a couple quick things you can see here. First, if you see mg_bomb and cs_office, that should be a flag. mg_bomb is for the de_ maps, where the Ts plant the bombs and CTs defend. mg_hostage is where the CTs rescue the hostages. mg_armsrace is the GunGame style maps, which start with ar_.

Once you know what you're wanting, edit gamemodes.txt. Inside of this file, scroll down to the bottom half of the document to where you see the commented section contain the mapgroups. It looks like this:

Code: Select all

"mapgroups"
	{
		// 
		// Map cycle groups
		//

In this section, look for the mapgroup you want, with the map rotation you're wanting. If you want a 24/7 server, there are single map rotations for most maps, listed near the bottom, generally using the format of mg_de_dust. For us, we'd like to use the bomb maps, so we'll go back to autoexec.cfg and set the mapgroup as mg_bomb and let's start with setting the map as de_dust2. Restart your server and you should be able to join now.