Admin Daemon

FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Admin Daemon

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I know supporting a new game with a plugin or admin daemon can be quite a bit of work. Do you expect the Admin Daemon currently working on BF3 to work for MOH: Warfighter (probably after some updates)?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Admin Daemon

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, I will be modifying it to work with MoHW. MoHW uses the same game engine as BF3 (Frostbite 2) and from what I understand current tools should work with little modification.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Great good to know. I run pretty "Vanilla" set ups. I don't do map votes, I do full cycles, and even advocate "play as it is built" (that means I don't even limit things like main spawn hitting on games like BF3). But I have 3 things that I kick or ban for.

1: Exploiting and/or Hacking.
2: Racist and/or bigotist remarks.
3: Impersonating an admin.

Beyond that, just play the game. So keeping my users in line in this manner is going to be key as #2 is one of the biggest problems I see in online gaming.
CPx4
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by CPx4 »

Hi John :)

Bug #1: Can't seem to get the PlayList to actually modify the MapList.txt file. No matter what setting I choose, the MapList.txt stays the same.

Bug #2: Incomplete sentence on 'What maps and modes are available?' = "MP_13 - Hara Dunes - Supports all game modes except "

Bug #3: A few "BF3" references listed in the tooltips

Thanks!
- CPx4
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

CPx4 wrote:Bug #1: Can't seem to get the PlayList to actually modify the MapList.txt file. No matter what setting I choose, the MapList.txt stays the same.
Unless you use the Custom option, the maplist.txt is ignored by the server (they designed it to work this way).
Bug #2: Incomplete sentence on 'What maps and modes are available?' = "MP_13 - Hara Dunes - Supports all game modes except "
Shoot, I'll fix that.
Bug #3: A few "BF3" references listed in the tooltips
Some parts of the page are shared with BF3. I'll take a closer look.
optimus277
New to forums
New to forums

Post by optimus277 »

Ive got a question concerning our "Set immersive" tab in the Control Panel for MOH:W.
Its not setting the server to that style of game play. Whenever I click on it, and go down and hit "Commit Changes". The control panel shows it set for normal mode again.

I have not touched anything else in this section. And I have tried both to push the map as well as restart the server after trying to set it to immersive. The only way it will stay set on immersive, is if i uncheck the ranked box. Its not an option for us to run an unranked server. And yet I see plenty of servers out there that are both ranked and immersive.

Please someone help, am I just overlooking something, or is this one of the bugs that will be fixed soon?
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Due to glitches in the game the option is essentially disabled for the time being. Have to wait for patch from EA/Danger Close
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The only way to have a ranked and immersive server right now is to run the "RealOps" playlist (afaik).