Black Screens - Server Issue?

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Black Screens - Server Issue?

Post by TimSad »

I think that I have found the reason why so many people on the Battlelog forums are getting this Black Screen problem when getting into game. I noticed that when I set our server to the "Warfighter" playlist (which contains a set list of TDM and Sector Control maps), Battlelog displayed "Unknown" in the part of the server description where it would typically show the game mode. So, joining the server like that, everyone was getting a black screen but when I restarted the server with just the "Sector Control" playlist (which now displays as "Sector Control" rather than "Unknown"), I was able to play - with no black screen.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Black Screens - Server Issue?

Post by kraze »

We were able to confirm that TDM is indeed broken in the release. We are in the process of removing that option that defaulting all servers to another gametype.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

After further testing, I found that the server sometimes doesn't work and sometimes does, regardless of the playlist option chosen (sometimes Warfighter works and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes TDM works and sometimes it doesn't, for instance). This indicates that the problem is likely with Blaze or the client. But, I'm continuing to experiment.
Zoo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Zoo »

I was able to get our server working. I had originally had it set to "All Sector Control". I switched it to Custom, tried to put in the maps/modes manually and then submitted changes. I got an error so I put it back to All Sector Control and it worked. Also, where it had said "Unknown" under the server name in the server browser of BattleLog, it changed to Sector Control. Hope this helps.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I have also found that if the game type is listed as unknown I get the black screen at loading, something to help troubleshoot I guess
Not a NFO employee