IP migrations are only supported when moving the game server to a managed VDS at the same location. To migrate your IP (and server), first create the new managed VDS, independent of your existing game server package. Then, submit a change-order request for your existing game server, telling the system to put it on your VDS.
If you wish to move an IP from a standalone game server to a new unmanaged VDS, you can use a workaround that takes advantage of the above feature. This workaround should only be attempted by advanced users, and we can't provide direct support for it.
- Create a new managed VDS, independent of your existing game server package, at its same location.
- Use a change-order request for the existing game server, telling the system to put it on your VDS.
- Back up any custom files on your game server.
- Switch the VDS into an unmanaged configuration through its "Server control" page by installing your desired OS.
- Your game server's IP will have been unassigned as a result of the last step. Quickly (within 12 hours) go through a VDS change-order request, reselecting the same VDS specifications but making sure that you select at least one additional IP address under "Add IP addresses".
- The system will assign you back your old game server IP. When it tells you to do so, reconfigure your OS to add the IP.
- Configure your new unmanaged server and restore your custom files.
Switching to a managed server, you can perform the change yourself, through the order adjustment page. To do this, have us set up your dedicated machine, then use a change-order request for your existing game server to tell the system to put it on your machine
Switching to an unmanaged server, it is more complicated on our end. You will need to coordinate with us ahead of time to work with you on retaining the same IP.