R11 Patch Discussion

markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: R11 Patch Discussion

Post by markym »

I too am really hacked off about this not able to kick players or even Tban them (which was a great warning tool) for a time out. This is awful. I had an entire group of abusive players in the server saying all kinds of awful stuff to people and I really can't do anything I guess but perma ban players. I'm surprised they haven't taken that away from Official Ranked servers too. We pay a hefty amount to rent a 64 player server and now pretty much all we can do is change the map and name the server. We can't even put a banner on our servers anymore - and there's no way to manage our server population so it's not abusive to our players who many pay to support the server rental. I don't think EA understands how we fund renting servers for games or for that matter I don't think they even care. I don't know if we will keep our server after our time is up -- doesn't seem to be worth having one that pretty much I can't do anything with but pay for it so EA has servers for people to play their game on.

My clan admin team is wondering why even bother with our own server if we can't control it and can just go play on some other server and save our money. This is so going the way of COD servers which are horrendous and full of abusive players and hackers.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

markym wrote:I too am really hacked off about this not able to kick players or even Tban them (which was a great warning tool) for a time out. This is awful. I had an entire group of abusive players in the server saying all kinds of awful stuff to people and I really can't do anything I guess but perma ban players. I'm surprised they haven't taken that away from Official Ranked servers too. We pay a hefty amount to rent a 64 player server and now pretty much all we can do is change the map and name the server. We can't even put a banner on our servers anymore - and there's no way to manage our server population so it's not abusive to our players who many pay to support the server rental. I don't think EA understands how we fund renting servers for games or for that matter I don't think they even care. I don't know if we will keep our server after our time is up -- doesn't seem to be worth having one that pretty much I can't do anything with but pay for it so EA has servers for people to play their game on.

My clan admin team is wondering why even bother with our own server if we can't control it and can just go play on some other server and save our money. This is so going the way of COD servers which are horrendous and full of abusive players and hackers.

Couldn't agree with you more!
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

out of curiosity... if my server is full, can't I change the mode to Ranked on the fly? Kick, then move it back to official? I know it's a bit much but if it's the only way..hell, it might be worth it
Kaaz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kaaz »

plasma wrote:out of curiosity... if my server is full, can't I change the mode to Ranked on the fly? Kick, then move it back to official? I know it's a bit much but if it's the only way..hell, it might be worth it
No, once you commit the change from Official to Ranked it requires a restart of the server to take affect.
Kaaz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kaaz »

I've also noticed to that the rubberbanding is worse after this latest patch. Especially on Lancang Dam and Hainai Resort. Anyone else?
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

X100 DICE/EA hates us

markym wrote:I too am really hacked off about this not able to kick players or even Tban them (which was a great warning tool) for a time out. This is awful. I had an entire group of abusive players in the server saying all kinds of awful stuff to people and I really can't do anything I guess but perma ban players. I'm surprised they haven't taken that away from Official Ranked servers too. We pay a hefty amount to rent a 64 player server and now pretty much all we can do is change the map and name the server. We can't even put a banner on our servers anymore - and there's no way to manage our server population so it's not abusive to our players who many pay to support the server rental. I don't think EA understands how we fund renting servers for games or for that matter I don't think they even care. I don't know if we will keep our server after our time is up -- doesn't seem to be worth having one that pretty much I can't do anything with but pay for it so EA has servers for people to play their game on.

10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

Can someone confirm that perma ban players on official is actually working?
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

I switched our server to official since it was empty tonight. :wink: I can confirm that kill/kick/ea_guid ban/pb guid ban does NOT work. When you do a punkbuster ban it will still add the guid information to the pb/pbbans.dat. I was able to leave and rejoin the server and not get kicked even though I was on the pb/pbbans.dat file. Experiment over, switching back to ranked. Its a useless mode for our purposes.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

- Admins can no longer kick players on Official servers using PunkBuster
I stopped there, now it's official, EA is ran by total clueless monkeys.

They are trying to kill their own game, wow.
Might as well stop letting people rent servers and start doing what Call of Duty does, host your own servers.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Kaaz wrote:I've also noticed to that the rubberbanding is worse after this latest patch. Especially on Lancang Dam and Hainai Resort. Anyone else?
You are correct --- the rubberbanding now on R11 has returned to three maps that previously had that problem prior to R9 patch -- I've had to pull out MP_ Resort, Golmud Railway, which is MP_Journey and MP_Damage which is Lancang Dam ...and today I had to do a full server restart because MP_Naval, the Paracal Storm map was Rubberbanding players badly. I don't know what they did with R11 or what changes got made on their back end this week but the banding/laggy crap has returned on those maps again! What's worse is players are blaming the server again. What kind of monkeys are running the show at EA anymore. This indeed may be my last BF game/server. Running a server anymore is not even fun -- it's become a total pain in my arse.

PS. One other problem I've noticed is that with R11 players seem to have trouble connecting to MP_Siege and I sometimes lose 30% of the players when we change to that map.
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

Running our server Ranked and not Official for the last week of renting. If we can't get traffic, I'll more than likely cancel the service. This is not slight against NFO, you guys are a great GSP, this is strictly beef with DICE. I don't see the value in fronting money for an empty 64 + 4 + 2 empty server just because I want to keep PBbans (it has kicked cheaters from other video games) and ping kickers working.

GG patch R11. Glad they are focusing on screwing with features before fixing performance issues on 64 player maps. Still can't play a few specific maps that we want to play when we have a full server. People will just complain of the rubberbanding, call us a crappy server, then leave.

I was coming to terms with not being able to use the move command to help balance teams, but now I can't even kick people who are causing a bad environment for other players (ex. racist comments, swastika emblems, etc.)? It's like proper admins are getting punished because some people may abuse the system.

I understand that DICE would want to sterile environment for people who just click Play now, but give me a break. This is not the way to go about doing it.

/rant

Sorry. Needed to get that one out there. I'm usually pretty patient with video game releases, but the amount of money I sunk into this one and this is what I get for it. I feel like I've been pretty much taken for a fool.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I wouldn't blame anyone if they cancelled their service and never looked back at another BF game ever again.
One would think they would have learned their lesson from Bad Company 2 or BF3 and now BF4...but I guess you just can't fix stupid.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

I noticed that every time my server crashes it's stuck on custom for some reason. No idea why considering I have everything on default. Player traffic perma dies because of it. Have to restart the server multiple times and monitor battlelog to make sure it's showing Normal.

Glad I cancelled my sub. because I honestly don't have the time to monitor my server 24/7 on my mobile and desktop like this. Also crashing more frequently with R11 than R10 now.

I really regret cancelling because NFO has been great with all their customer service and answering questions.... but this is just bullshit paying $100 a month to deal with this crap. I really hope NFO asks for some reimbursements from EA and the fees they charge.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Peacelulz, we still have a checkbox on the "Easy setup" page that you can use to enforce Normal mode every 5 minutes.
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

The real kick in the nuts is when you realize we are paying to host EA/Dice servers, assuming you run Official.