R11 Patch Discussion

jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: R11 Patch Discussion

Post by jaythegreat1 »

You all should've seen this coming for Official mode.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

Figured they were going to change it to match the documentation originally stated. It's still pretty much burning down a house to kill a few spiders. I understand there are badmins out there, but yeah. It's just an un-welcomed change on top of all the issues that we've gone through this first month.

No matter, if we can get Ranked seeded well enough, we'll be better off. We can actually implement team balancing, something that sometimes killed our server on official mode (teams having 5+ more players than the other after a map change).
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

Edge100x wrote:Peacelulz, we still have a checkbox on the "Easy setup" page that you can use to enforce Normal mode every 5 minutes.
For some reason this wasn't helping retain it in normal. Even if manually entered the preset myself multiple times I would not see the change reflected on battle log. My only solution thus far has been to restart my server and go through the process of setup. Only then I would it see correctly apply itself.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

Oh I forgot to also mention. I now own bf4 for xbox one, ps4 and pc. For whatever reason on xbox one, the servers and game in general runs excellent. I at times get booted during a map change, but otherwise no rubber banding on any maps, no crashes of any kind thus far. I don't know what it is but something at QA with Microsoft is definitely ahead on things. Ps4 suffers from its own unique issues like commander mode causing lobby crashes.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Peacelulz wrote:I noticed that every time my server crashes it's stuck on custom for some reason. No idea why considering I have everything on default. Player traffic perma dies because of it. Have to restart the server multiple times and monitor battlelog to make sure it's showing Normal.

Glad I cancelled my sub. because I honestly don't have the time to monitor my server 24/7 on my mobile and desktop like this. Also crashing more frequently with R11 than R10 now.

I really regret cancelling because NFO has been great with all their customer service and answering questions.... but this is just bullshit paying $100 a month to deal with this crap. I really hope NFO asks for some reimbursements from EA and the fees they charge.
I feel your pain and I am considering doing the same...subscription is up in a week and half...
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Peacelulz wrote:Oh I forgot to also mention. I now own bf4 for xbox one, ps4 and pc. For whatever reason on xbox one, the servers and game in general runs excellent. I at times get booted during a map change, but otherwise no rubber banding on any maps, no crashes of any kind thus far. I don't know what it is but something at QA with Microsoft is definitely ahead on things. Ps4 suffers from its own unique issues like commander mode causing lobby crashes.
The reason things run smoothly on the Xbox One is probably because the game runs on 720p.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

IcEWoLF wrote:
Peacelulz wrote:Oh I forgot to also mention. I now own bf4 for xbox one, ps4 and pc. For whatever reason on xbox one, the servers and game in general runs excellent. I at times get booted during a map change, but otherwise no rubber banding on any maps, no crashes of any kind thus far. I don't know what it is but something at QA with Microsoft is definitely ahead on things. Ps4 suffers from its own unique issues like commander mode causing lobby crashes.
The reason things run smoothly on the Xbox One is probably because the game runs on 720p.
I mean smooth in relations to stability and such, not visual display. I've yet to encounter any sound loss, crashes and the like. Honestly the version xbox one is running is how the game should have launched. I think the only noticeable problem was squad chat breaking in and out.
unholyCHAD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by unholyCHAD »

We have been running in Ranked mode since the beginning of BF4 coming out. If you have a clan you need to work on it to get the servers filled up. Every morning we would have some of our guys hanging out and it would always take 15-20 minutes to get from 4 players to 20 or so. In an hour we would fill up and then it would stay full until server would crash. Now with our longest time without a crash(fingers crossed) we have been full since 3pm yesterday. When I woke up at 8am this morning the server was full. So having your servers filling up without putting the work in is a bit crazy. We have like 10 guys in the clan that jump on at different times. We try to interact via in game messaging system and try to friend on battlelog our regulars.I was worried at first but seems to be if you build and work on it they will come. Our server is -SNiGS- Drunken Fields if you want to stop by sometime. We are also running numerous plugins to help balance the system during game and after game.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

unholyCHAD wrote:We have been running in Ranked mode since the beginning of BF4 coming out. If you have a clan you need to work on it to get the servers filled up. Every morning we would have some of our guys hanging out and it would always take 15-20 minutes to get from 4 players to 20 or so. In an hour we would fill up and then it would stay full until server would crash. Now with our longest time without a crash(fingers crossed) we have been full since 3pm yesterday. When I woke up at 8am this morning the server was full. So having your servers filling up without putting the work in is a bit crazy. We have like 10 guys in the clan that jump on at different times. We try to interact via in game messaging system and try to friend on battlelog our regulars.I was worried at first but seems to be if you build and work on it they will come. Our server is -SNiGS- Drunken Fields if you want to stop by sometime. We are also running numerous plugins to help balance the system during game and after game.
Every server both official and ranked invests time to refill. Quick match isn't some magical auto-fill every time the server comes down. It takes just as much effort to seed players on either of the two. Where you get this assumption of it doesn't take any work in comparison is beyond me. In addition not everyone has a clan, many in fact don't and that's why Quick player traffic is in addition very important for servers to build a player base or a clan of their own.

Admins deserve a certain level of control on the servers they PAY FOR on a monthly basis and in return get nothing, maybe some donations if they're lucky. Something like Team-Balance shouldn't be locked if it doesn't effectively work. Owners should have the right to boot a player for VIPs because they help the server run with donations. No different in the expectations of Premium accounts and cutting ahead of the line for their "extra" payment.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

That would make too much sense.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Anything new on the setting idle time??
Tag
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Tag »

not only is vars.idleTimeout 86400 ineffective currently but it also switches preset to Custom.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Seems that anything that takes away from the game's default makes it custom.. Idle timeout, tickets, everything. That's 2 things I believe that we should as admins get the rights to do.. Change the idle (doesn't affect the actual game play) tickets (again doesn't affect game play just makes the game longer.) And of course if we can't kick someone the ability to kill them in game till they give up and leave. I was trying to kill someone earlier and it did not kill them, so basically if a hacker comes in we got zero control over what they do.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

I tried moving our server to ranked so we could kick smacktards and racists. Server emptied and was dead even with 8 clan members seeding for 4 hours this AM. Had to switch it back to official. I think we are goign to have to cancel after our prepay runsout. There is no point of paying that much money only to host a server for EA and no control whatsoever. Pretty sad.

Edge, I hope you keep hammering this issue home to DICE
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:I tried moving our server to ranked so we could kick smacktards and racists. Server emptied and was dead even with 8 clan members seeding for 4 hours this AM. Had to switch it back to official. I think we are goign to have to cancel after our prepay runsout. There is no point of paying that much money only to host a server for EA and no control whatsoever. Pretty sad.

Edge, I hope you keep hammering this issue home to DICE
Well if EA/DICE don't move on this very quickly and people start cancelling their servers, most will not bother renting a server again even if they do give the admin controls back or make the "Play now" available to ranked servers, not just official ones. The ball is in their court, lets see how much they support the gaming community. Making dedicated servers available without access to the large player base and without server control is simply a slap in our faces.