R11 Patch Discussion

FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: R11 Patch Discussion

Post by FourTwoFour »

We're canceling our server if they don't fix it in the next 5 days.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Only way I've found to ban people is add their IP to the firewall, if it wasn't for that the hacker I just blocked would of just kept on.. I couldn't kill him, ban him, kick him NOTHING.
SoCalMX70
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SoCalMX70 »

I agree with most of the sentiments here. I actually tried to keep our server set to ranked, but it never populated, even if a bunch of my clan jumped in for awhile. I set it to Official about a week ago and it still didn't fill... until the other night. It has stayed full for 2 days straight now, even through the middle of the nights, and shows no signs of slowing down.

I am actually afraid to join our server right now because someone could be hacking, cursing, being racist, etc and I have no way to stop them! Sounds funny, but it actually does weigh in the back of my mind a bit. I find it ludicrous that we can't even kick someone if the server is set to Official. COME ON DICE!
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

I made a thread at the FPSadmin forums about this:

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25389

They have a DICE dev that frequents their forum.

Make some noise by posting your thoughts on this matter. Maybe the dev there will do something about it.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

My clan and I are also discussing not renewing our server at the end of our rental time. I hate to see this happen to NFO but this is an issue with EA/Dice that I'm furious about. Renting a 64 player server is a huge financial commitment for any clan and to not be able to even control server population on a server we pay for is ridiculous. I tried running the non official setting and it took hours to get the server up and then we only stayed half full at that losing tons of players on map change. I put us back on Official and we've been full at 64 slots now. I also have four maps out of rotation now due to huge rubberbanding issues since R11 -- those maps are, Naval, Damage,Journey and Resort. All maps my group loved to play and now they are gone again with not a word on a fix for them. In one week China Rising comes out and I can't wait to see what kind of train wreck that is going to be.

My clan has always been known for running good servers with fair rules and now people are saying why can't you kick this dude for his racist BS? why do you let high ping players stay on the server? why can't you balance the teams? why are you admins not doing anything?

I even had someone post that we had the worst admins that let server run rampant with abusive players. This lack of server control and the punishment of no players being seeded to the server if we don't follow their official server settings yet we pay for the server rental is total BS.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Like I stated before, if someone is that bad warn them if they keep on log into your control panel for NFO and just add their IP to the firewall problem solved. But I know this is like putting a band-aid on a broken bone.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

stryfe wrote:Like I stated before, if someone is that bad warn them if they keep on log into your control panel for NFO and just add their IP to the firewall problem solved. But I know this is like putting a band-aid on a broken bone.
how do I find their IP? I guess I could just perma ban them -- but does that still work on official servers.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Just check in procon find the team their own grab their IP. From there you need to open the nfo control panel go down to firewall and add a rule block all inbound traffic and put their IP in there. That way they can't send any packets to you and they will eventually drop.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

stryfe wrote:Just check in procon find the team their own grab their IP. From there you need to open the nfo control panel go down to firewall and add a rule block all inbound traffic and put their IP in there. That way they can't send any packets to you and they will eventually drop.

While that is a good idea, that work around is a huge pain In the ass I ask can't hand out firewall access to everyone as someone will screw up and block all. I can't monitor 24/7, I have a job that I need to be at in order to have the privilege of hosting ea/dice servers for them.

I do appreciate that idea though and will resort to it when the smacktard is really bad.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Yeah, by far it's the only idea we have as admins with NFO. I agree I work too that's why I only use it in extreme situations. Maybe DICE/EA will hear all the complaints we've had and do something about it, but taking away the ability for us to kick on official seems a bit extreme. I'm assuming some body that's buddy buddy with EA/DICE got banned from a server for doing something stupid.
Ruger
A regular
A regular

Post by Ruger »

stryfe wrote:Just check in procon find the team their own grab their IP. From there you need to open the nfo control panel go down to firewall and add a rule block all inbound traffic and put their IP in there. That way they can't send any packets to you and they will eventually drop.
Gave this a try last night and doesnt seem to work. Guy is back on this morning as well.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Hmm, did you block all inbound traffic? Maybe Edge can chime in and see what the deal is. I know I've done it myself and the guy either dropped off or he did in fact got banned.
Ruger
A regular
A regular

Post by Ruger »

stryfe wrote:Hmm, did you block all inbound traffic? Maybe Edge can chime in and see what the deal is. I know I've done it myself and the guy either dropped off or he did in fact got banned.
Yeah...I have it set to
Block all inbound packets
from remote ip: xxx.xx.xxx.xx
to your server ip

I put in a ticket but not sure if they are actually looking into it. The guy has been on there for 4 hours now and everyone is irritated with him.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

I'm curious as to how it functions if it writes it to the windows firewall on the box or some other type IPSec rule. I'm assuming since the server is used for multiple instances it's block all the traffic from IP to IP of the server. Be nice if this worked so we would have some level of control over the problem players.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The firewall function definitely will work. I have not seen the request yet, but its success mostly hinges on whether the IP address that you're seeing through the tool is correct. You should double-check yourself using "!pb pb_sv_plist".