Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation

IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation

Post by IcEWoLF »

Today we launched Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. With that console, we will have brought Battlefield 4 to no less than five platforms. It is amazing to see such a complex universe come to life across so many advanced hardware systems. Millions of people around the world are playing the game and seeing the tip of the iceberg of what the next generation has to offer. At DICE, we are committed to you, the fans, and view the game as a live service. I am extremely proud of the people at DICE and everyone across EA that contributed to the development of Battlefield 4. However, I am less proud to see that the game has experienced some turbulence during the launch period. While some platforms have had only minor problems, others have had more than their fair share of issues. Resolving the launch issues is our #1 priority. In fact, we are so serious that we have the entire team working to stabilize the game and we will not move on to other projects until we are sure that Battlefield 4 meets – and exceeds – your expectations. It is the right thing to do.

To show our appreciation for your patience as we work through these issues, we are announcing that from November 28 through December 5, we will reward all players with Double XP for every multiplayer match they complete. We understand that the launch issues may have impacted your progression, and we want to do everything we can to help you get back the XP that you may have lost. Also, to cap off the week, on December 5 we will give all players that log in to Battlefield 4 multiplayer a M1911 pistol scope. This special sidearm scope, previously reserved for our DICE developers, has a 3X zoom and is available for all classes in Battlefield 4.

You are the heart and soul of Battlefield. We thank you for your support in these early days of the launch, and will continue to show our appreciation as time goes on. To stay informed about the latest game updates, please visit us at Battlefield 4 Control Room or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Thank you,

Karl Magnus Troedsson
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ne ... reciation/

Well I'd accept their appreciation if they let us run our servers the way we want it for Official servers.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Re: Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation

Post by Peacelulz »

Lol double xp?

Try i want a free game like they did for Sim city.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Peacelulz wrote:Lol double xp?

Totally going in a different direction but the Sim City release wasn't even that bad. I mean it was crappy and annoying but compared to some games it wasn't terrible. However, that community flipped out and I got a free game :D
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

kraze wrote:

Totally going in a different direction but the Sim City release wasn't even that bad. I mean it was crappy and annoying but compared to some games it wasn't terrible. However, that community flipped out and I got a free game :D
Funny thing is I completely agree with you and that's what upsets me more. Battlefield's state over the last few weeks is terrible compared to anything SimCity went through(most of which was resolved after 1week or so).... yet after all this crap they give us double xp and a stupid attachment?

I appreciate the sincere apology finally given but that's hardly enough compensation, especially for those of us running servers for the better of the community.
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

kraze wrote:

Yep, people could still play the game to a degree, they just didn't have enough servers. Granted, that connection bug that kept you from saving your town was annoying. I got through SimCity's release with very minimal problems compared to this. This is much worse, especially for the people paying to rent and providers hosting. These things aren't cheap.

I'm trying to stay positive about this, tweaked our rotation to get us seeding on a non-official server because of R11, and the night I get people together, we can't even join a server we paid money for because of Blaze/Battlelog tonight. People left disappointed.

On top of everything else that happened this month, Double XP is just silly. I could make arguments that their policy of giving Double XP as a community gift is trivial because I have to play all over again to regain god knows how many points I lost to server crashes to begin with. And also premium users get the shaft (the scope and Double XP), but yeah.

A game from the EA library doesn't smooth this one out for me either. As much as I have enjoyed Battlefield 4 when it does work, the crashes and instabilities are way too frequent. A game that I probably will never play isn't going to make up for that. Especially with the fact that I went all in with premium on this game.

It was a sour release, I don't want compensation at this point, I'm just tired of dealing with all the headaches. I'm hoping they change things around before my renewal times comes up, I really do. Because I do like the game, but it's becoming difficult to run a stable community server when the game has constant problems.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

After asking for an investment from every person who chooses to rent a server, not including hosting costs, this is not even appropriate compensation.

Lift the back-end costs for the month our servers wouldn't stay up because of a rushed release. What are they even doing with the money made from the game? Pocketing it?
Not a NFO employee
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

soja wrote:After asking for an investment from every person who chooses to rent a server, not including hosting costs, this is not even appropriate compensation.

Lift the back-end costs for the month our servers wouldn't stay up because of a rushed release. What are they even doing with the money made from the game? Pocketing it?
Investing it (more like wasting it) in the next failure called "Battlefield". The game is so dumbed down compared to BF2 (lieutenant general here) ever since BF2 it has been going nowhere. Even if they fix the crashes, the game is completely unbalanced (look at the vehicles) the netcode is pathetic.

I will not be buying BF5 even if they fix this (which they won't) I am talking about the balance and netcode here - server crashes will be fixed no doubt about that.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

How about they pay all the server owners bills for a month.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
underclocked
A regular
A regular

Post by underclocked »

The Sim City launch was TERRIBLE. Couldnt get on for 2 days, and when you did get on it would randomly lose your cities. hours and hours down the drain.

BUT it didnt crash every 30 seconds either.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Let us kick/ban on our craptaztic "official" servers