Code: Select all

vars.maxSpectators 0
vars.maxPlayers 26
vars.commander true
reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin true
vars.preset Normal true
// ====================
The above is in my startup.txt file.

Every time I change the map cycle, it re-writes my startup.txt with all of the info from the "Easy Setup" tab. I don't want this, but it's easy to remedy in that I can just remove everything underneath the line.

The Bug that I found is that once I save from the "Easy Setup" tab, it also removes

Code: Select all

vars.preset Normal true
from my startup.txt.

The Feature Request that I want to make is to maybe have a separate tab for just setting the mapcycle, or maybe a separate submit button that will only save the mapcycle.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Easy Setup bug & feature request

Post by Edge100x »

The "Easy setup" page intentionally removes any vars.preset lines because it handles presets by setting the appropriate variables instead, and putting in a vars.preset line would override those settings and result in unexpected behavior.

It should not hurt to have the variables specified.

You can adjust the mapcycle separately, if you're not using our cycler, through the "File manager" page. The file to look for is "Admin/MapList.txt".
HoLyCoW
A regular
A regular

Post by HoLyCoW »

Edge100x wrote:The "Easy setup" page intentionally removes any vars.preset lines because it handles presets by setting the appropriate variables instead, and putting in a vars.preset line would override those settings and result in unexpected behavior.

It should not hurt to have the variables specified.
Okay

Edge100x wrote:You can adjust the mapcycle separately, if you're not using our cycler, through the "File manager" page. The file to look for is "Admin/MapList.txt".
The thing is that I WANT to use your cycler. The problem is that when I save any changes from your cycler, it also re-writes the startup.txt (which adds extra things to the startup.txt that I don't want). So every time I make a change to the cycler, I end up having to re-edit the startup.txt
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Why don't you want the settings specified?