BF4 on VDS

plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BF4 on VDS

Post by plasma »

kraze wrote:
It's important not to forget about the current issues in BF4. Currently servers are still crashing and there are a few maps which are known to be causing issues. I know you mentioned you removed some maps but this is a full list of what we've determined as having issues.

MP_ Resort - Hainan Resort
MP_Journey - Golmud Railway
MP_Damage - Lancang Dam
MP_Naval - Paracel Storm
MP_Prison - Operation Locker

If you're running any of those maps try removing them from your cycle.
Not to post off subject, but isn't it sad that we pay $75+ to run BF4 server with really only 3-4 fully working maps? When Lancang Dam finally works it's going to be like a new map for me
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

plasma wrote:
kraze wrote:
It's important not to forget about the current issues in BF4. Currently servers are still crashing and there are a few maps which are known to be causing issues. I know you mentioned you removed some maps but this is a full list of what we've determined as having issues.

MP_Damage - Lancang Dam
MP_Naval - Paracel Storm

Not to post off subject, but isn't it sad that we pay $75+ to run BF4 server with really only 3-4 fully working maps? When Lancang Dam finally works it's going to be like a new map for me
I don't necessarily agree with quality that BF4 was released in, but we have to make the best of it :/
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

kraze wrote:
plasma wrote:
kraze wrote:

MP_Damage - Lancang Dam
MP_Naval - Paracel Storm

I don't necessarily agree with quality that BF4 was released in, but we have to make the best of it :/

I agree, however, they should have learned from BF:BC2 and BF3. Seems like we're going through the same old issues ;)
purebattlefield
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by purebattlefield »

We've had a hell of a time with these same lag issues. Our team has probably spent 50+ man hours investigating and troubleshooting over the past month and have not come up with any solutions.

The problems persist even when we turn off all RCON clients (Procon, gameme.stats, etc.) and anti-cheat streaming services.

Yet some server managers report no rubberbanding problems on any maps.

This seems to point in the direction of some problem at the GSP level...
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

purebattlefield wrote:We've had a hell of a time with these same lag issues. Our team has probably spent 50+ man hours investigating and troubleshooting over the past month and have not come up with any solutions.

The problems persist even when we turn off all RCON clients (Procon, gameme.stats, etc.) and anti-cheat streaming services.

Yet some server managers report no rubberbanding problems on any maps.

This seems to point in the direction of some problem at the GSP level...
We're always more then willing to investigate any concern. Please do open a request with us if you'd like us to take a deeper look.

However, what you're likely seeing is probably just BF4 at the moment. BF3 was the same way, unfortunately :/ It took Dice a few solid months to work out all the kinks and I imagine BF4 is going to be the same way.

Try covering your bases again.

Are you running any of these maps http://pastebin.com/WJ0gj0xA ? If so, remove them. Are you using AutoSs? If so, disable it. Have you manually updated PB, yet? If not, do so by issueing this command to the server punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_update" followed by punkBuster.pb_sv_command "pb_sv_restart" a few minutes later.

You can also request that we move your server to a new machine at your location, we don't mind doing this if it allows peace of mind for the customer ;)
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
underclocked
A regular
A regular

Post by underclocked »

Edge100x wrote:I have not seen your support request, but please keep in mind that the performance guarantee says that we offer the highest performance available. It is not a guarantee that servers will always run flawlessly, because we simply can't guarantee that -- we don't maintain the server code.
I mentioned performance and credit for a broken server in a ticket(probably more than one) and support told me that it is unfortunate that they released a broken game.

Look I love NFO, but you are profiting from a service that doesn't deliver as promised. I agree that it is unfortunate that the game is broken, but we can't deny that.

I guess it is the customers fault for buying the servers to begin with, not Dice or NFO.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Look I love NFO, but you are profiting from a service that doesn't deliver as promised.
We certainly aren't profiting, at least not yet. Supporting BF4 entailed high up-front costs for hardware and it will take a long while to break even. We don't run with much profit even with established games, due to relatively high monthly costs (physical space, bandwidth, licensing, staffing, machine upgrades, etc.), and the fact that we have low pricing. We run lean here :).

DICE has told us that they are looking into performance concerns, but I don't have information beyond that right now, and what kraze said.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

plasma wrote:
This is how I feel when I play on Xbox one because the servers don't experience as many problems as PC & PS4 does. I play maps not often played on PC and I almost feel as if it's a DLC. Now we already have another DLC on the horizon :lol:
axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by axRhino »

Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:17am
In light of this how do I cancel my BF4 slots and close the server at the end of the period? This has been a waste of time and money for us and our guys are so discouraged about the poor performance they no longer wish to play or admin the server. I understand that the game is broken but what I dont understand is how or why you would continue to support it, sell services, for a partial, broken and unstable game. I would ask for a refund but I know thats useless. Please give help me close out my BF4 so I can save what little money we can.

Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:20am - answered by Brendan
I am very sorry to hear this. I do understand your frustrations though. We are just as frustrated. And are working with EA/DICE to fix what we can as fast as we can. Are you looking to cancel the entire package or just the stuff pertaining to bf4? Please let us know.

Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:13am
Just BF4 for now. We may cancel everything if we decide to go with something better at the end of the time we have prepaid for.
Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:16am - answered by Charlie
In order to remove the BF4 slots from the server, you would first need to delete the server on the My Account->Payments tab, then submit a change order to have the slots removed. Here are the change order steps:

1. Visit our order page here: https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtua ... server.php
2. Select the same specifications that you have now for your package, then modify the options from there to match your needs.
3. Click "This is a change to an existing server" at the bottom of the page and make sure that your existing package ID is selected before submitting.
4. You will see a confirmation page showing all your changes and providing further information on how to finalize the changes. Make sure to read this completely!

I suggest doing this process towards the end of your current billing cycle, to get the most for your paid time. Doing this ahead of time will not refund the difference, please keep this in mind. For reference, the end of your current cycle is on 2014-01-20.

Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:34am
Ok so we are stuck with a server that is basically unplayable and worthless to us. Gotcha.

I can't even take the slots down to 48 and get a refund for what you now say is the limit for a VDS.

This doesn't make me want to stay with NFO or recommend your services to anyone else.

Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:36am - answered by Andrew
I understand your frustration here. BF4 has definitely been a rocky road. BF3 was in the same boat during its beginnings however it did eventually even out. I wish I had better advice for you here. :(
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

To be fair, that's the game industry :/ I don't think there is a game on the market today that didn't have a rocky start. On top of this Dice is somewhat known for releasing games on a rocky start. BC2, BF3, MOH:W all had these issues.

Asking us not to support a triple A title simple doesn't makes sense as we're a game server provider, it's what we do. I agree that the condition of BF4 is very bad and extremely annoying but it's just one of those things that's going to continue to happen year after year :(

While I don't think cancelling is going to help, we actually encourage customers to try out other providers while the game is still young. You'll see we aren't the only one seeing these issues and that we've been very honest and straightforward with all of you.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by axRhino »

kraze wrote:I don't necessarily agree with quality that BF4 was released in, but we have to make the best of it :/

At what level is NFO responsible for the performance of the game servers they choose to sell? What is there level or responsibility? Any?

This is a bit like buying a bad car and the dealer says..opps sorry you got a lemon..nothing we can do. We are just the dealer.
axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by axRhino »

kraze wrote:To be fair, that's the game industry :/ I don't think there is a game on the market today that didn't have a rocky start. On top of this Dice is somewhat known for releasing games on a rocky start. BC2, BF3, MOH:W all had these issues.

Asking us not to support a triple A title simple doesn't makes sense as we're a game server provider, it's what we do. I agree that the condition of BF4 is very bad and extremely annoying but it's just one of those things that's going to continue to happen year after year :(

While I don't think cancelling is going to help, we actually encourage customers to try out other providers while the game is still young. You'll see we aren't the only one seeing these issues and that we've been very honest and straightforward with all of you.
I'll respond the same was I did in my trouble ticket as I think it applies here as well..then Iwill stop beating a dead horse.
Thanks for your honest response.

The "good service" answer would be to refund / discount or pro rate payments for service you can't deliver. NFO freely admits that your not able to run the game well. That its broken and that EA / Dice have stuck you with a bad situation. Now your passing that on the your customers and saying. Sorry...you bought it. There is nothing we can do. Instead of sticking up for your customers your defending EA and helping them sell with a crappy product. Your basically saying you have no responsibility for the products you are selling and on top of that you continue to sell those same products to others knowing that it may not work for them.

We have generally been happy with NFO and recommended you guys to several other communities which still have accounts with you. I'm not sure I will do that going forward.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

axRhino, I understand your frustration. Many other people are also frustrated by BF4. Unfortunately it isn't as simple as providing an immediate service credit/refund on our end, as we would have to do that for all customers out of fairness, and we may not be able to afford it. We also would want to wait for the root cause of problems to be resolved, of course, and for word from EA/DICE on whether they will be offering compensation that we can pass through.

This release has been incredibly stressful for us and we're continuously investigating ways that we can improve the experience for our customers on this end.
axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by axRhino »

The only suggestion I would have would be a measure of pre-release testing on your part before you sell a product. It wouldn't take much to have run a test server during beta, see the issues and anticipate (based on prior releases of EA products) the types of problems your seeing. On top of that you could have limited the number of servers you sold, upon the initial release, and monitored them....asking for client feedback. This would have saved us the time and money and would have saved you hundreds of hours of answer tickets and trying to solve the BF4 issues. Instead your reputation as a reliable / customer first GSP is being tarnished and that is not something that is easy to fix.

This puts me in the position of having to explain the situation to our donors and members. All they know is the server doesn't work. EA sold them a crappy product and they donated money for a server that is unplayable. They blame me. I blame you and you blame EA. Unfortunately I'm the one who has to fall on the sword and try to make things right for them. That's more money out of my pocket. That may mean money out of your pocket too if / when we cancel our serices with NFO and from indications the 60%+ drop in sales of BF4 might hurt EA also.

We were going to buy extra copies of BF4 for our members at the cyber monday sale but I dont see much of a point in supporting EA or a server after this.

Be well..our BF4 server is empty for anyone looking for a quiet game.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We did all the testing that we could during the beta, but our ability to test was extremely limited. For instance, it was only one map, and two game modes. We found many bugs and problems that we reported to DICE, but the full game release came with a raft of new ones, and issues with many other maps and modes. Since the game release, DICE has locked down the game quite a bit further, as well.

I'm not sure that limiting supply would have helped anything. Customers looking to buy BF4 servers would have just gone with other hosts, where they would have seen the same issues (and worse), and those staying here would have not seen any difference from having fewer customers on our network. We have not been running into problems on our side such as those that might be due to high load.