BF4 on VDS

axRhino
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BF4 on VDS

Post by axRhino »

Edge100x wrote:I'm not sure that limiting supply would have helped anything. Customers looking to buy BF4 servers would have just gone with other hosts, where they would have seen the same issues (and worse), and those staying here would have not seen any difference from having fewer customers on our network. We have not been running into problems on our side such as those that might be due to high load.
I wasn't suggesting that high load was the issue. We have never had problems with load that I can see. DOS attacks yes but that another story.

I can certainly understand the desire to go after as many BF4 rentals as possible on day one. I was suggesting NFO might have opted to suspend rentals of BF4 servers once you realized the widespread nature of the problems. Protected the customer and minimized your responsibility to field trouble tickets and put out fires as it were.

Peace out!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

axRhino wrote:I can certainly understand the desire to go after as many BF4 rentals as possible on day one. I was suggesting NFO might have opted to suspend rentals of BF4 servers once you realized the widespread nature of the problems. Protected the customer and minimized your responsibility to field trouble tickets and put out fires as it were.
What I'm saying is that our individually suspending all BF4 rentals would not have helped anyone. It would have frustrated customers and they would have moved to other providers. It also would have increased our support burden as we fielded even more complaints about the suspension. In the end, nobody would have been better off from such a decision.

BF4 is not a game without value. Tons of people play it, and they need good places to play. Many server owners are frustrated by problems with the game, yes, but it's not a complete pile. If it were, people would vote with their feet, and nobody would play.

People can choose to rent servers, or not rent servers, and to play the game, or not play the game, at their own discretion. Its problems are well-known at this point. It has also improved quite a bit in many respects since its release, and I expect for DICE to continue to improve it as long as the community is vocal about the need for improvements. We'll certainly keep on them from our end, and we'll continue to try to find ways to improve it ourselves.
underclocked
A regular
A regular

Post by underclocked »

Why not post a simple warning(no other providers did this) that both the game engine and server were unstable? That would have been revolutionary on NFO's part.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We did mention issues in the events log, Facebook, and in the forums. An order page warning is something that might have been a useful when it was crashing all the time, I agree. But, most customers already had servers within the first few days, and at that time, we were still trying to understand the depth of the issues, whether we had any control over them, and whether DICE would fix them in a timely manner =\.