Known Hackers

Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Known Hackers

Post by Colt »

essd0t -

Anyone find a way to ban these guys from our Offical servers ?
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Known Hackers

Post by stryfe »

Adding their IP to the firewall in your control panel seems to be the only way, did you happen to grab his IP?
ragingmoose
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ragingmoose »

stryfe wrote:Adding their IP to the firewall in your control panel seems to be the only way, did you happen to grab his IP?
yes we did and added it to the firewall settings to black all traffic from his IP and still nothing...
added him to ggc-stream local banlist and still nothing...EA HAS to fix this crap
ragingmoose
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ragingmoose »

ragingmoose wrote:
stryfe wrote:Adding their IP to the firewall in your control panel seems to be the only way, did you happen to grab his IP?
yes we did and added it to the firewall settings to black all traffic from his IP and still nothing...
added him to ggc-stream local banlist and still nothing...EA HAS to fix this crap
just to be even more clear we verified the ip address after he reconnected and is the same as what we added to the firewall settings
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Can you not get his EA_guid? or pb guid?

He might be changing his ip.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Dixa
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Dixa »

if he's hacking he's doing it wrong. he's got a skill similiar to levelcap and xfactor but very low headshot percentage.

until the double damage bug is fixed it's hard to tell who is running a script and who is not.
wulfengrav
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by wulfengrav »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:Can you not get his EA_guid? or pb guid?

He might be changing his ip.
Here yah go.

EA_38E7DD13D4D4E717B5C36C19A012EC4A

bf24411dcd4c01d63ff78bdf65522f5b

71.199.190.39:3659

essd0t
wulfengrav
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by wulfengrav »

Dixa wrote:if he's hacking he's doing it wrong. he's got a skill similiar to levelcap and xfactor but very low headshot percentage.

until the double damage bug is fixed it's hard to tell who is running a script and who is not.

should not matter the only fact is that he is not welcome on a server and we do not want him to be allowed to join. The Firewall feature seems not to work, PunkB is failing, local ban lists dont work. So there seems to be no recourse at this time to stop that person from joining a place where he is not welcome.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Every time that I've looked at the Firewall feature for a client, it has been working properly. If you need me to look at it for you, please escalate the support request.

You can also test the feature by having it block your personal IP address and trying to connect to the server in some way.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

Edge100x wrote:Every time that I've looked at the Firewall feature for a client, it has been working properly. If you need me to look at it for you, please escalate the support request.

You can also test the feature by having it block your personal IP address and trying to connect to the server in some way.

Thanks so much John. I've escalated the ticket.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

I have to mention this. I tried to block an individual a while ago (maybe john remembers) from our metro server in Bf3 but he kept changing his IP. It was a small attack which was only taking down 1 server.

Firewall does not help when it comes to banning someone through battlelog. They can still can log on to battlelog and join the server. If he tries to do anything outside battlelog yes it won't work.

Again this is only happening to battlelog games. I have tried for other games CS, COD and it works great. You can't even see the server.

I am not sure if anything has changed since my experience but that's what I noticed. I also did my own testing by using my own IP.

Test it out and let us know
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When it comes to Battlelog, the blocked person should still be able to see the server. But, he or she should not be able to connect to it directly from the blocked email address.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

Edge100x wrote:When it comes to Battlelog, the blocked person should still be able to see the server. But, he or she should not be able to connect to it directly from the blocked email address.

Ok - so - do we have a solution or are we stuck paying for un-welcome players to enjoy our lack of control ?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

As John mentioned above, each time a firewall complaint about this has been investigated it appears to have been working fine. However, I encourage anyone having issues to open a request so we can take a look.

I also encourage people to add their own IP's to that list and try to connect. If you can't then you know it's working and that the user is using another method to bypass the firewall rule, such as changing his IP.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
wulfengrav
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by wulfengrav »

Edge100x wrote:When it comes to Battlelog, the blocked person should still be able to see the server. But, he or she should not be able to connect to it directly from the blocked email address.

email address?

were using the IP, and it seems to not work.