Just Blaze?

stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Just Blaze?

Post by stryfe »

Yeah it's happen once today again noticed another server on the west coast did the same thing about 3 times.
Blitzorz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Blitzorz »

Our BF4 servers die at least once a day. Seems to usually be around the 5AM to 6AM EST window. Any news about server connection stability with Blaze/London?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

5am is usually when Blaze maintenance is performed, but the last such maintenance was on Friday.

We also gracefully restart empty servers (and only empty servers) once per day, after they empty out. Those checks start at midnight PST.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

Edge100x wrote:5am is usually when Blaze maintenance is performed, but the last such maintenance was on Friday.
How could I tell if my server was restarted, crashed or players left?
Edge100x wrote:We also gracefully restart empty servers (and only empty servers) once per day, after they empty out. Those checks start at midnight PST.
when you say empty servers, do you mean just the gameserver or then entire computer?

looking at my historical data, it looks like the server empties at the same time each day
Attachments
server.jpg
server.jpg (86.86 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

How could I tell if my server was restarted, crashed or players left?
You would have to base this on in-game reports and by looking at graphs. If the graph shows a drop-off over a few measurement intervals, then it was probably just players leaving. Otherwise, it might have been any of the three. Players tend to leave at the end of the round, which is one reason for increasing ticket counts; you might consider doing that if you see a lot of attrition, though it won't help unless you have players coming in to pick things back up when the round does inevitably end.

We only do the daily restart on our end if a server is responding and it is truly empty (0 players). I haven't seen problems overall with crashing in the early morning outside of Blaze/Battlelog maintenance.
when you say empty servers, do you mean just the gameserver or then entire computer?
The individual server that is being restarted. It just runs checks until the server empties, then restarts it.
looking at my historical data, it looks like the server empties at the same time each day
I recommend looking at the daily graph in our control panel, for a higher-resolution view. Even the birds-eye, small graph that you posted makes this look a lot like the standard fall-off that I would expect to see in the early morning hours as people sign off and go to bed, though.
HoLyCoW
A regular
A regular

Post by HoLyCoW »

I hear everyone talking about it. What exactly IS Blaze? When I google it, I get info for stuff having to do with BF3.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

HoLyCoW wrote:I hear everyone talking about it. What exactly IS Blaze? When I google it, I get info for stuff having to do with BF3.
Blaze is the backend or master server for BF3/BF4, along with a few other games.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

I'm sorry guys but I am so sick of this! If it's not a damn server crash it's a blaze disconnect? Just blazed all three FULL servers. I'm spending about 4-6hr per day babysitting these very unstable BF4 servers. Don't know how much longer I can justify paying a Premium price for an at best 60-70 uptime server.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

GaWebDevDotCom wrote:I'm sorry guys but I am so sick of this! If it's not a damn server crash it's a blaze disconnect? Just blazed all three FULL servers. I'm spending about 4-6hr per day babysitting these very unstable BF4 servers. Don't know how much longer I can justify paying a Premium price for an at best 60-70 uptime server.
I just posted essentially the same thing in the "Server Crash" thread just with more colorful words. I'm not throwing away my money for servers that are being emptied all the time now especially after I've put a lot of effort into it after each crash. This is also terrible to develop and maintain a following for each server of mine.

Was this huge Blaze (that seems central to the LA area) due to yet another DDoS?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The ISP hosting Blaze is seeing some problems with packet loss in the London area right now. There was a burst of this loss at around 10:28pm PST that caused mass player dumps at most/all locations. We are investigating to see if there's anything that we can do to help them from this side.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The offending NSP is Cogent. It's showing 20% packet loss across the Atlantic, and the ISP hosting Blaze is choosing to use it to reach most destinations in the US. I have contacted them and also contacted Internap about this to ask them to escalate with Cogent.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Cogent reports that this is due to some sort of maintenance event that is expected to last another hour. I'm trying to reroute as much as I can on my end, but I only have large knobs to try to influence what path the other side takes.

Right now the Cogent problem is causing around 11% packet loss between Blaze and the US. I hope that it continues to go down.
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

Edge100x wrote:Cogent reports that this is due to some sort of maintenance event that is expected to last another hour. I'm trying to reroute as much as I can on my end, but I only have large knobs to try to influence what path the other side takes.

Right now the Cogent problem is causing around 11% packet loss between Blaze and the US. I hope that it continues to go down.
Thanks for update John. Would be stellar if they just went ahead and contracted you out to consult for them on their issues. Obviously they need help.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

^
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

Tim, I've been reluctant to post my frustrations to them in the Public BF forums. I've finally reached the point where I can no longer remain silent on the current state of BF4 Server Administration. I've administered BF servers since 2005 and have never seen it like this. During tough times and issues there was always the confidence that they will fix it soon and they did. Now I'm past the point of being concerned. I can't and won't go this route for another month. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/fo ... 038320/29/