What do you use for autobalance?

wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

What do you use for autobalance?

Post by wihgaming »

We're starting to get complaints that on our server, games often are 1-sided, where 1 side is steam-rolling the other side. Players are asking for autobalance. I realize that there's no EA "auto-balance" for gameplay. So what do you guys use, if anything, to keep the games fair, close, and exciting on your servers? Or do you say screw it and let the gods decide? =)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: What do you use for autobalance?

Post by Edge100x »

The game has a built-in auto-balancer, but reports are that it is not very effective. Unfortunately, for an Official server, it's the only option.

For a Ranked or Unranked server, many people use a Procon plugin to manage the teams for them. You could also use the scrambler in our admin daemon to randomly assign people to teams, but that's a bit more rough.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

The built-in "auto-balancer" seems to only move players to the side where their friends are. I've converted my server from Official to Ranked. I used !scramble a few times, it killed and switched some players (not all players). I'm going to look for a Procon plug-in. Thanks Edge!

I think part of the problem is that we can't seem to delay the start of the game until most of the players are loaded in. When most of the flags are already capped within a minute at round start, there's not a lot the losing team can do to fight back from that.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When it comes to !scramble, keep in mind that it assigns players randomly, which means that some will remain on their current team. Those players don't need to be killed and moved.
_Main
A regular
A regular

Post by _Main »

For autobalence there are a few things you could do - Procon with this plugin: https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php ... er-1-0-7-0
Wich is free, beside the layer that be -

http://www.rconme.com/ - just make a free user, they have a werry nice and simple online interface - with alot of plugins, even forbidden Weapons :)

and last but not least http://rconnet.de/ - wich costs a small amount a month to get all their plugins, this is probably the best choice as they have the most plugins :)

i use all of these, and they seem to work flawlessly :) im a big fan of rconme.com as their site is just stunning :)
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Thank you! I ended up installing Procon and using PC9's Multibalancer plug-in.
_Main
A regular
A regular

Post by _Main »

Love it - Great to hear you've got it sorted out :)
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

Why is Dice not fixing the autobalance for Official servers?? We had 6 v 4 with no balance, then it became 6 v 0 and no one could switch to the other team? Here's an idea, Dice, host your own Official servers and give us quick match traffic to Ranked servers. Then those hackers and racists can join your hosted servers without fear of being banned!!
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

DICE's idea of autobalance is moving players to squad up with their friends. If anything this "autobalance" unbalances the teams. I end up using MultiBalance plug-in for Procon to attemp to balance the games. Still tweaking it bc the map designs are pretty unbalanced to begin with.