Server crashing/restarting at about the same time daily

plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server crashing/restarting at about the same time daily

Post by plasma »

Over the last week I've noticed that my server seems to either empty out or crash about the same time each day. Normally it's around 4-5 am EST. I do not have any scheduled restarts selected. According to Gametracker, it looks more like everyone disconnects at the same time rather than a gradual lose of players. Is there anyway to tell if the server is crashing, restarting, or just players leaving on their own?
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Re: Server crashing/restarting at about the same time daily

Post by Spyderspartan »

plasma wrote:Over the last week I've noticed that my server seems to either empty out or crash about the same time each day. Normally it's around 4-5 am EST. I do not have any scheduled restarts selected. According to Gametracker, it looks more like everyone disconnects at the same time rather than a gradual lose of players. Is there anyway to tell if the server is crashing, restarting, or just players leaving on their own?
Ours has been doing this since launch. It has yet to go more than 24 hours without crashing.
Blitzorz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Blitzorz »

We've had the same problem since launch. Server either crashing or Blaze disconnects at exactly the 5AM-6AM time window every day.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Me too, and it is a terrible time to dump your players.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have definitely not been seeing early morning crashes/dumps for most customers on most days. If you would like us to look at your particular circumstance and find out why you lost clients on a certain day, please contact us directly.

It is common, however, to just see servers losing players when they log off to go to bed. Usually this involves a lemming effect at the end of a round, when a few people drop and most of the rest follow, rapidly resulting in an empty, or near-empty server. At that time of day, servers that are near-empty will not generally fill back up, because so few people are playing, and those people (naturally) want to play in busier servers.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

Edge100x wrote:I have definitely not been seeing early morning crashes/dumps for most customers on most days. If you would like us to look at your particular circumstance and find out why you lost clients on a certain day, please contact us directly.

contact directly via submitting a ticket?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, a support request through the "Help!" option in the CP.