China Rising & Client Patch Questions

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: China Rising & Client Patch Questions

Post by Edge100x »

Cyrcle, to prevent problems when people are rapidly leaving and joining, the player limit adjuster we use waits for a big to lower it again. It also tries to raise the limit before map changes, to stop the client black screen loading issue. I recommend turning it off for now just to rule it out as a factor.

So far the rubber-banding issues seem to be correlated with a specific line appearing in the server log, related to a game bug. I've sent logs to DICE and I'm trying to see if there's a workaround for it.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

XP1_002 Alta Range map (64-players CQL) is mass disconnecting players every time it starts up. Are you guys seeing this on your server?
Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cyrcle »

Edge100x wrote:Cyrcle, to prevent problems when people are rapidly leaving and joining, the player limit adjuster we use waits for a big to lower it again. It also tries to raise the limit before map changes, to stop the client black screen loading issue. I recommend turning it off for now just to rule it out as a factor.

So far the rubber-banding issues seem to be correlated with a specific line appearing in the server log, related to a game bug. I've sent logs to DICE and I'm trying to see if there's a workaround for it.
Alright. Got the auto changer disabled. Working on getting the server populated. Will report back with results/if I can get it populated.
Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cyrcle »

Cyrcle wrote:
Edge100x wrote:Cyrcle, to prevent problems when people are rapidly leaving and joining, the player limit adjuster we use waits for a big to lower it again. It also tries to raise the limit before map changes, to stop the client black screen loading issue. I recommend turning it off for now just to rule it out as a factor.

Alright. Got the auto changer disabled. Working on getting the server populated. Will report back with results/if I can get it populated.
Got to 4 people and map started. Went to spawn in and deploy wasn't responding. Checked Control Panel, stated server was offline or not responding may be because map is changing. Whatever. Opened game back up. Black screened and everyone dropped.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

why are only certain servers affected? I see others here that are having no issues? is it a location thing?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Edge100x - with the performance bug that you detailed in the Events Log, is that affecting Vanilla servers too or only those running China Rising DLC maps?
Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cyrcle »

plasma wrote:why are only certain servers affected? I see others here that are having no issues? is it a location thing?
My server is located in Chicago. Unsure if that's the reason why, but this is getting frustrating. Some servers are okay but others are not. There's still no information on the issue or what's causing it.
SoCalMX70
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SoCalMX70 »

Just for clarification, there are no preset map cycles that include the China Rising maps, correct?
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

Guilin peaks and Dragon Pass rubberband every 3 seconds when full. Unplayable. I turned off everything to the server, streaming, autoss, rcon, and those 2 maps still rubberband. :(
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

It's probably that performance bug that Edge100x is referring to in your Events Log.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

wihgaming, it seems to affect all server types. We're still trying to understand why some servers experience it more than others -- it might be related to the players who are trying to connect, or the specific Blaze servers that they are assigned to -- but we have little visibility into the bug.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

Edge100x wrote:wihgaming, it seems to affect all server types. We're still trying to understand why some servers experience it more than others -- it might be related to the players who are trying to connect, or the specific Blaze servers that they are assigned to -- but we have little visibility into the bug.

FYI - ours is one it's affecting. China Rising, and Vanilla maps.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Can't even join my own server.

BF4 has stopped working.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Dixa
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Dixa »

been up and full for 12 hours. not seeing these issues. server is in san jose. 64 man with rogue/zavod/locker/all CR maps.
Dixa
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Dixa »

spoke too soon - entire server pooped. no rubberbanding or performance issues just cycled to a CR map, kicked everyone off and as people were trying to come back it went down entirely.

removing all CR maps until this is addressed. i can't be on 24/7 trying to re-seed my server.