China Rising & Client Patch Questions

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: China Rising & Client Patch Questions

Post by Edge100x »

TimSad, in response to those mentioning stability problems since the patch application began. I believe that many of these crashes have been due to the way we're rolling it out. I've made a post about this now.

It's also possible that some crashes relate to the new maps/mode.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

Is there a reason why some servers display China Rising on Battlelog and others do not?

Even though I have China Rising maps within the rotation, the icon in the server browser window isn't displayed. It was earlier but now seems to be random for everyone.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

Ruger wrote:Seeing people trying to join but not actually getting in then had 6 make it in game and all were kicked and server went down 5 times since the update. Also see that punkbuster keeps turning itself off.
Seeing the same thing. Lots of players joining but many not having the ability to stay.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I see the message at the top of Battlelog now saying "WE ARE AWARE OF A DISCONNECTION ISSUE, WE ARE WORKING TO FIX IT ON THE BACKEND. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE".

I also notice that PB is being globally disabled by EA/DICE after servers are started. Presumably it's incompatible with the latest client/server and this is a workaround.
Peacelulz
A regular
A regular

Post by Peacelulz »

Edge100x wrote:I see the message at the top of Battlelog now saying "WE ARE AWARE OF A DISCONNECTION ISSUE, WE ARE WORKING TO FIX IT ON THE BACKEND. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE".

I also notice that PB is being globally disabled by EA/DICE after servers are started. Presumably it's incompatible with the latest client/server and this is a workaround.
What's odd is some servers are holding their playerbase while many others through NFO are constantly dropping. Guess we'll see how things turn out as the night progresses. Oh Dice..... just can never have a smooth transition can we? :lol: :roll:

Edit: Also noticing atm that PB isn't being disabled on my server while running as Official. I see the messaged: PunkBuster Server: Preparing to Disable PB Server... (c:\servers\shadowraze\bf4\pb\)

However, doesn't seem to follow through after that.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Glad to see they fixed idle kick...

NOT!
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

jaythegreat1 wrote:Glad to see they fixed idle kick...

NOT!
Honestly... did you expect them to? Our top priority fixes don't even seem to be on their radar. Sad...
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

How do I get the china rising emblem on the browser? I've got only the DLC maps selected in my map cycle..
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

The only way I have been able to run CR maps on my server is run DLC only without map preset cycle

XP1_001 AirSuperiority0 1
XP1_002 AirSuperiority0 1
XP1_003 AirSuperiority0 1
XP1_004 AirSuperiority0 1

I tried running these in TDM and Defuse and wouldnt show or would always go back to default maplist
SergeantFox
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SergeantFox »

My Server is rubberbanding on the new maps.It doesn't matter if it's on Air Superiority or regular conquest mode. If your flying it just keeps jumping back and forth. I think dice broke the game again. Is anyone else having this issue? I just run a 32 man server I wouldn't think I should have this issue.
GaWebDevDotCom
A regular
A regular

Post by GaWebDevDotCom »

SergeantFox wrote:My Server is rubberbanding on the new maps.It doesn't matter if it's on Air Superiority or regular conquest mode. If your flying it just keeps jumping back and forth. I think dice broke the game again. Is anyone else having this issue? I just run a 32 man server I wouldn't think I should have this issue.
no your not alone. I cant run any conquest maps for more than 1 round.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

my server is kicking everyone..

EA..CRASH EVERYTHING
Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cyrcle »

Server's been dropping players all morning since the patch. Also seem to get extreme rubber banding when ever anyone enters the game after joining. This is on an official server. I tried switching to Ranked but unable to get enough to join to test if the issue is with Official only.

Edit: Also, adjustable player limit is not adjusting down when players are dropped/leave.
underclocked
A regular
A regular

Post by underclocked »

I'd say a large majority of the player drops are because they dont have early access to the DLC(or any access for that matter). Their game will crash on the map change.

Haven't had any rubber banding issues yet on our servers surprisingly...but the 64 slot has not been full.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

underclocked wrote:I'd say a large majority of the player drops are because they dont have early access to the DLC(or any access for that matter). Their game will crash on the map change.

Haven't had any rubber banding issues yet on our servers surprisingly...but the 64 slot has not been full.
this happens with my server on stock maps as well