China Rising & Client Patch Questions

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: China Rising & Client Patch Questions

Post by TimSad »

My servers are doing some unbearable rubber-banding on these China Rising maps. Ugh!
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

mine now lags big time on maps it never did, e.g paracel storm and damage, can't play the china rising as the server would crash everytime someone logged in.
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

My server has China rising, but it's not listed as "China Rising" DLC server (the little icon that says the server is running that DLC) how's that even possible...
_Main
A regular
A regular

Post by _Main »

I could not even begin to imagine, all i can say is it's EA's fault!
10-78 Busterking
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 10-78 Busterking »

One person mentioned that Premium players will be beta testers for 2 weeks... he wasn't kidding.

That's the way it is now, in the old days they had beta testers, now, they make the public pay to test their games. Greed.... it never ends.
SoCalMX70
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SoCalMX70 »

SoCalMX70 wrote:Just for clarification, there are no preset map cycles that include the China Rising maps, correct?
Just looking for an answer on this. As it is right now, I've messed with the settings to get the server showing as "Official" without using a preset cycle. CR maps are rotated in there, but the CR symbol doesn't show up in Battlelog... This causes people to join the server who don't have CR and they get kicked when a CR map comes up.

So, is there a setting I'm missing that will get that symbol to show up in Battlelog, while retaining "Official" status?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There's not too much point to an Official server without using a preset mapcycle, since you won't get "Play now" players without it. The BF4 preset map cycles make the server show as CR, I believe (though I'm not certain of it), so if you use the standard technique of loading a preset cycle and then using our map cycler (or a 3rd party cycler) to enforce a different set of maps post-launch, you should be set.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

one thing i have learned is if you set CR maps you need to restart the server or it's not shown as running CR. Just putting the CR maps in your map cycle doesn't officially make it a CR server. I hope that makes sense. Do a restart after you add your maps, then you should see the little CR emblem near your server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That would make sense. It may only check for the purposes of the flag when the server starts (unlike BF3).
SoCalMX70
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SoCalMX70 »

Even with restarts, using a preset cycle then using the map cycler to include CR maps won't make the CR logo show up in Battlelog. I just went back to the regular Rush preset cycle and voila... server is full again.

Edit: Also Edge, I was using the technique of selecting a preset cycle and using the cycler. No amount of restarts would get the CR logo to show up, plus it didn't seem to be getting Play Now traffic. I went back to regular "Rush Classics" without cycler and now I'm getting traffic again. Really though I am pretty much a noob with this stuff, so I've been dong a lot of experimenting. So far, running Official and using preset cycles only is what gets the server populated.