NFO experiencing Issues?

underclocked
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: NFO experiencing Issues?

Post by underclocked »

Am I the only one getting zero 'play now' traffic since the last DDos? I've tried restarting servers :/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Most servers attracted players again and usage now is near normal, so I don't think that many have this problem currently.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Still anything going on in the Chicago area?
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

jaythegreat1 wrote:Still anything going on in the Chicago area?
There haven't been any issues since the last post to the events log in your control panel.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Now LA is getting hit for the umpteenth time! Why is this such a continuous issue? I don't wanna have to move from NFO. :(

Update: F**kin awesome! All of my LA servers now dead! OMFG! I don't know what Imma do with all these DDoSes that are popping up lately...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

TimSad wrote:Now LA is getting hit for the umpteenth time! Why is this such a continuous issue? I don't wanna have to move from NFO. :(

Update: F**kin awesome! All of my LA servers now dead! OMFG! I don't know what Imma do with all these DDoSes that are popping up lately...

I have used many hosts and even though I have issues with each one (including NFO) when it comes to DDOS's; NFO is the best so far. With that said I believe the whole GAME HOSTING industry needs major improvements in dealing with these attacks. Most hosts are more reactive than proactive; usually by then the damage has already been done... Most hosts put all game renters in a cookie cutter system: unfortunately you can not treat a community with 1000 bans the same as one whom has 10. The bigger your community ---> the more revenue you bring and of course more of a target you become... The first one who thinks outside the box will be the most successful host...
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

We need to press charges against whoever is leading all these DDoSes. Get the government involved and track down whoever is initiating it. This is not okay at all. Big cyber crime at work.
ImageImage
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

TimSad wrote:We need to press charges against whoever is leading all these DDoSes. Get the government involved and track down whoever is initiating it. This is not okay at all. Big cyber crime at work.
I agree with you 100%; most hosts rather calculate $$$ signs coming in than deal with the expenses of dealing with the individuals... So Sad :cry:
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

You would actually be amazed at how little the government/law enforcement agencies care about the attacks we see :/

The problem with pursuing someone who launches attacks is for every person that is taken down 10 more will be there to take their place. So you've wasted time and money getting one person down and tomorrow someone will be back in his spot causing the same troubles.

We've found it's better to upgrade our network as a whole to become more resilient against attacks like these, but with the large attacks we see upgrades are not quick, easy or cheap.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Wish this world weren't so filled with low-lives...
ImageImage
Grenadier
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Grenadier »

kraze wrote:You would actually be amazed at how little the government/law enforcement agencies care about the attacks we see :/

The problem with pursuing someone who launches attacks is for every person that is taken down 10 more will be there to take their place. So you've wasted time and money getting one person down and tomorrow someone will be back in his spot causing the same troubles.

We've found it's better to upgrade our network as a whole to become more resilient against attacks like these, but with the large attacks we see upgrades are not quick, easy or cheap.
If you guys could calculate revenue lost due to these attacks and approach it that way..........When you tell them they're shutting down our game servers, the attitude is, it's a game. You have to present it as these intentional disruptions to our network cost us X dollars to deal with and x dollars in lost revenue. There has to be some kind of loss for it to be criminal. You can't quantify gaming time.

What these script kids are doing is illegal. They are disrupting privately owned computer networks which in turn is causing a financial loss. These are almost all across state lines, which makes it Federal. The problem is showing it's a large enough problem with a large enough financial impact to get them interested.