NFO experiencing Issues?

_Main
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NFO experiencing Issues?

Post by _Main »

Well im playing on one of my servers - and it crashed, so did all 3 of my servers - at the same exact time - just pooof.... like halv a minute ago -......*

anyone else got this+???
_Main
A regular
A regular

Re: NFO experiencing Issues?

Post by _Main »

Same goes for a few of my friends's servers.. Timed crashes ? :P
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

I'm based out of NYC. My server is did not crash... yet...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I don't see any attacks or global problems. If you'd like us to check on your server specifically, please open a support request.

Edit: If your server is in Frankfurt, it looks like Blaze might have had a momentary routing issue to just that location. Blaze is extremely touchy and this seems to have caused player drops.
_Main
A regular
A regular

Post by _Main »

Yeh their in Frankfurt - Thanks for the fast response, as always ! ;)
_Main
A regular
A regular

Post by _Main »

So this is like the 4th time now my servers has went from full to like 5 ppl for 1 minute and then completely empty - is this the so called Blaze shieet?

Driving me nuts, as they sit now their useless - 10 mins and crash - 10 mins and crash...

seems to Only happend when their full..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It looks like there are some problems between Verizon and NTT in London that are causing intermittent packet loss for Blaze, _Main.
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

Looks like it just took the US servers now too. . . awesome. Nobody wanted at least half of their servers full right? Was fine with fankfurt, and just having to repopulate that, now we have to repopulate them all. . -_-
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I made an adjustment on our end to de-preference Verio on the inbound that changed the path from Blaze and will hopefully avoid these London problems.

Chicago had a separate issue with a DDoS that took out Internap. We posted a note about this and we are working with them on what we and they can do to stop further attacks of its tremendous size.
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

Edge100x wrote:I made an adjustment on our end to de-preference Verio on the inbound that changed the path from Blaze and will hopefully avoid these London problems.

Chicago had a separate issue with a DDoS that took out Internap. We posted a note about this and we are working with them on what we and they can do to stop further attacks of its tremendous size.

Weird, I didn't get an email that you posted that event but I do see it now.
underclocked
A regular
A regular

Post by underclocked »

Our TDM server has been full for over 2 days straight and went down as well. :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The attacks in Chicago were particularly nasty, size-wise.

We're closely monitoring for more so that we can immediately react to them (as we quickly reacted to these). Blaze is very sensitive, though, and we may not be able to catch them before players are dropped.

Frankfurt has been stable since we made the routing adjustment there.
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

Edge100x wrote:The attacks in Chicago were particularly nasty, size-wise.

We're closely monitoring for more so that we can immediately react to them (as we quickly reacted to these). Blaze is very sensitive, though, and we may not be able to catch them before players are dropped.

Frankfurt has been stable since we made the routing adjustment there.

That's why as you've mentioned before I believe and I've been mentioning on other sites since BF3, I wish there was some way to make it so that if there is a Blaze DC that it doesn't drop players. I think it could be done easily, but it seems like they don't want to and want to use the "stats" as the excuse to not do it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It would be ideal if the players could continue to play for at least a few minutes during a Blaze disconnection event, with new connections also suspended during that time. This would best happen in conjunction with retrying the Blaze connection, and perhaps most importantly, using a UDP-based protocol that allows better handling of loss over the link to Blaze. Right now, even 1% or 2% loss can cause Blaze to disconnect.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

ADKGamers wrote:I think it could be done easily, but it seems like they don't want to and want to use the "stats" as the excuse to not do it.
Yep! They seem to think that it's not an important issue so they shove it to the side probably to never address it. You really can't just have a server-full of players booted from the server due to a small timeout with Blaze especially considering that these Blaze timeouts are very frequent. Instead, they prioritize other things that, instead of supporting their current game's well-being, they think will just make them more money (that's how EA seems to be).

This is one of the biggest concerns when it comes to Battlefield game servers but sadly it just looks like they are gonna continue looking past it.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage