Procon

plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Procon

Post by plasma »

Edge100x wrote:I would need to read the support request and check the firewall on my end.

Since the adjustment I made to compensate for the BF4 hole-punching bug, I have tested the function several times and it has worked each time.

request # 232438
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

plasma wrote:
Edge100x wrote:I would need to read the support request and check the firewall on my end.

Since the adjustment I made to compensate for the BF4 hole-punching bug, I have tested the function several times and it has worked each time.

request # 232438
I tested this with your server and I was kicked almost immediately after adding my own IP. I also tested attempting to re-join after I was kicked and it didn't let me proceed.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Edge, can you give us more then 10 slots in the firewall? We have used up our ten when a large clan started coming in and completely stack the server with 20 of them on the same side and refuse to split up to both sides. We end up with the pubbers getting frustrated and leave because the sides are very unbalanced in numbers and we end up with 35-40 on one side. Since we can't autobalance (the built in EA autobalance doesn't work) we are screwed.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

kraze wrote:
plasma wrote:

request # 232438
I tested this with your server and I was kicked almost immediately after adding my own IP. I also tested attempting to re-join after I was kicked and it didn't let me proceed.

for the first time adding the IP in the firewall worked almost immediately. was something changed?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

for the first time adding the IP in the firewall worked almost immediately. was something changed?
Nothing that I am aware of was changed.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

plasma wrote:for the first time adding the IP in the firewall worked almost immediately. was something changed?
Nope, nothing changed. The implementation of rules is always quick.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Edge, is there anyway you can add more slots to allow more rules in our firewalls? I need more :) I used up the tenth one last night :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We can still add them manually when necessary. I would need to run tests to explore how performance would be hurt with a more global change.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

ok, in the meantime should I send in ip's to the helpdesk? If so can you communicate that we may be doing this just so they are wondering why we are not doing it in our control panel?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TardFarmer, yes, just open a support request and say that you reached your limit on rules and need us to add more for those IPs.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Edge100x wrote:TardFarmer, yes, just open a support request and say that you reached your limit on rules and need us to add more for those IPs.
awesome, thankyou. If you could look at allowing us to do it ourselves when you get time that would be awesome too :) I appreciate your flexibility!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:
Edge100x wrote:TardFarmer, yes, just open a support request and say that you reached your limit on rules and need us to add more for those IPs.
awesome, thankyou. If you could look at allowing us to do it ourselves when you get time that would be awesome too :) I appreciate your flexibility!
It's not likely we'll allow customers to do it themselves. If we conclude that more than 10 rules doesn't affect performance on the host machine, we may add more. However, we're have to be careful as some customers may think adding every possible rule will help, when it will only hurt.

For legitimate purposes, though, we don't mind adding more as we're doing here.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

kraze wrote:
[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:
It's not likely we'll allow customers to do it themselves. If we conclude that more than 10 rules doesn't affect performance on the host machine, we may add more. However, we're have to be careful as some customers may think adding every possible rule will help, when it will only hurt.

For legitimate purposes, though, we don't mind adding more as we're doing here.
Hey I can take care of your ASA's if you want me too ;) Well maybe your not using Cisco hardware. But I can work on Junipers too. :)