R15 Patch Discussion

[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: R15 Patch Discussion

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Bart wrote:Is me enabling Aggressive Join supposed to set my server to Custom, or is that just a bug or something?
Aggressive mode is for non official only so it will change it to custom I am pretty sure
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

My "Official" server (R15) with the variable player count was very, very hard to start today, and impossible to keep busy.

I seriously doubt I'm still getting the Quick-Start folks, how can we check this??

Anyone else seen their player counts drop today?
RexKramer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by RexKramer »

yea same here since the patch cant get server seeded, had 4 started match 1 left and now it resets to waiting for players...thats fucked up as thats usually when players start filling in...what the hell did they change that?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Can't kick on an official server. Wow just wow.

Difficult to seed and start a server for a brand new game.

R15 already.

Just keeps getting better and better.

Honestly, I am at a point where I am just losing all respect for EA/Dice and developers in general. :?
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

well, client related.. i still can't stay on seige for more than 5 minutes before my comp freezes..
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

Personally I'm not certain why people still continue to be upset about "official servers" and not being able to do certain things on them. You do realize that you are just "hosting" the server for the folks at EA/DICE. That was the intentions from Day 1 of it and when they released it explaining what can be done.

We shouldn't be complaining about THAT, rather complaining about what they are doing to the "ranked" servers. Let the quick match send people there, stop treating ranked servers like official servers, etc, etc. . We would be able to do that if there were NO official servers, but so many people out there are still using and supporting official servers which just helps EA/DICE and gives them more reason to keep them around.

I know this will probably piss off some, so sorry to those individuals but you knew what official servers were going to be and now you're upset about it.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

ADKGamers wrote:Personally I'm not certain why people still continue to be upset about "official servers" and not being able to do certain things on them. You do realize that you are just "hosting" the server for the folks at EA/DICE. That was the intentions from Day 1 of it and when they released it explaining what can be done.

We shouldn't be complaining about THAT, rather complaining about what they are doing to the "ranked" servers. Let the quick match send people there, stop treating ranked servers like official servers, etc, etc. . We would be able to do that if there were NO official servers, but so many people out there are still using and supporting official servers which just helps EA/DICE and gives them more reason to keep them around.

I know this will probably piss off some, so sorry to those individuals but you knew what official servers were going to be and now you're upset about it.
Couldn't agree more.... screw the official servers and set them a...BLAZE! See what I did there? :lol:
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Actually I did not. I had not read up on the servers, I just assumed it would be the same as bf3. But I agree, during bf3 I raged against the official servers. The official servers ruined our custom ranked playland.

ADKGamers wrote:Personally I'm not certain why people still continue to be upset about "official servers" and not being able to do certain things on them. You do realize that you are just "hosting" the server for the folks at EA/DICE. That was the intentions from Day 1 of it and when they released it explaining what can be done.

Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Has anyone else noticed that with variable players we clearly are not getting the quick-join traffic we were getting before R15??
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

I agree with this also. I rather have a empty server than run official. We fill up in the evenings with ranked and I have been happy with that since 3 out of 4 BF4 servers are empty. Who really uses quickmatch? I like searching for a server based on ping.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

We will have 8-15 people sitting in the server for hours upon hours and cannot fill the server if we change it to ranked/custom. Tried this already

In the past we were able to, meaning in BF42, BF-V, BF2, BF2142, BC, etc, we had very popular servers through all those versions. BF3 it began to get hard to fill the server. BF4 we cannot at all. People join then leave, because we don't get enough players coming in. Our regulars get bored and goto a different server. Most of us have families and real jobs so we can't afford to sit there and try and seed for 4 hours at 5:00 PM. When we get on to play we want to play since our game time is so limited.

Sorry wrote:

I agree with this also. I rather have a empty server than run official. We fill up in the evenings with ranked and I have been happy with that since 3 out of 4 BF4 servers are empty. Who really uses quickmatch? I like searching for a server based on ping.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Edge100x wrote:markym, are you setting it to use the CQ preset map cycle, as well?
@Edge100x -- yes sir, my preset is/was CQ.