Report NFO BF4 Server?

HoLyCoW
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Report NFO BF4 Server?

Post by HoLyCoW »

Is there somewhere I can complain about a BF4 Server that is run by NFO?

I logged into a Ranked Custom server and they kicked and banned me because I'm not part of their clan. There were 6 out of 8 people from their clan on the server. They were all increasing their stats by not allowing anyone else in. They should have password-protected their server, but they didn't.

The server's name is Seekhay's Biffour.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/se ... s-Biffour/

Server Address: 192.223.24.239:25200

This happened today (December 10, 2013) at 4:30pm PST.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Report NFO BF4 Server?

Post by soja »

NFO rents servers out to customers, it is the customers decision to do with it what they want.

You can report the server to EA, and they may be able to take action, I am not sure if RSPs have any responsibility to police what people do on their rented servers.
Not a NFO employee
HoLyCoW
A regular
A regular

Post by HoLyCoW »

That blows chunks.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Also, you cannot password protect a ranked server.

This is pretty much what official servers were created to prevent.(or one of the reasons anyway)
Not a NFO employee
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

You know what will happen next.. They will take away our ability to kick/ban on ranked custom servers..
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

your best to play on "Official" servers --- it's a setting that EA implemented for servers and those of us that run "Official" servers such as mine pretty much won't allow you to be kicked or banned or allow for Admin abuse. EA pushes traffic to "Official" servers as a benefit to those running with limited admin -- although it sucks for those of us running servers as Official as it does give you the player more control than those that pay for the server your playing on. The problem is that those of us renting servers which are not inexpensive to run are now getting abused by the players on our own servers and we can't do much about it. Either situation is not good -- admin abuse and or player abuse of admins. It's pretty sad that our community of players feels the need to spit out racial BS and verbally abusive crap in chat.