kicks and bans not working

NoTurnUnst0ned
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

kicks and bans not working

Post by NoTurnUnst0ned »

I try using @kick, @ban, !kick and !ban in-game to no avail. The first time I had the error saying "You do not have permission to use this command". The next time I didn't get this. Either way, it says the player has been kicked, yet the player was not really kicked. I have the admin names without the clan tag in the Easy Setup admin section. I've restarted the server as well, and even tried redoing all the settings. Any idea why this might be happening?

EDIT: It's also worth noting that when I try using the rcon command to kick a player, I get a returned message in console saying that the command is "read only"
commandotimmy
New to forums
New to forums

Re: kicks and bans not working

Post by commandotimmy »

are you running your sever as official? you cant kick/ban/move on official, only ranked.
NoTurnUnst0ned
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NoTurnUnst0ned »

Yeah it's official. I wonder why EA/DICE would take kick and ban abilities out of official servers. How is one supposed to police them? I could change it to ranked, but then the server "matchmaking" system won't work. :?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

EA said they did it bc of badmins abusing players. So they turned it off...
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

As a former fairly skilled player, it sucks being banned because the admin can't handle that you're better than them. Maybe they could of done it better, but I understand why this restriction is in place
Not a NFO employee
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

removing those tools does not make any sense to me. so what if you're banned because an admin cant take losing...go to another server. i've been banned or kicked from plenty of COD4 servers due to admins getting butthurt. There are hundreds of servers available, i can find another one that has good admins. and because of all this, i have to sit on my server while some dirtbag cusses me out, calls me every name in the book, knowing i can do nothing about it. that makes for a better gaming experience? running an official server is like buying a car, only you cant roll down the windows and the engine doesnt start. sure you can get in it but that is all.

on a side note, does anyone know an "official" way to contact EA and DICE? I'm sure people have complained but is there any type of mass letter writing or signature boards going? I think if enough legitimate BF server admins got together, perhaps we could sway their thinking. or maybe its just a lost cause...?
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

It doesn't matter what they did. Switch to Ranked or cancel your server. If you don't, they'll keep giving you stupid things like this. TALK with your money and actions.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Yeah complete bullshit. awww you got banned by a badmin... There are tons of other servers available. I guarantee there are tons more assholes spouting off racist crap then there are badmins banning someone due to them being on a power trip..

Fact of the matter is EA/DICE could care less about the server community

Just an fyi you can block smacktards with the NFO firewall in the control panel. Use procon to get there IP and then create a custom rule to block that particular IP, do NOT use the default block all rule you will drop everyone :)

mikedbom wrote:removing those tools does not make any sense to me. so what if you're banned because an admin cant take losing...go to another server. i've been banned or kicked from plenty of COD4 servers due to admins getting butthurt. There are hundreds of servers available, i can find another one that has good admins. and because of all this, i have to sit on my server while some dirtbag cusses me out, calls me every name in the book, knowing i can do nothing about it. that makes for a better gaming experience? running an official server is like buying a car, only you cant roll down the windows and the engine doesnt start. sure you can get in it but that is all.

on a side note, does anyone know an "official" way to contact EA and DICE? I'm sure people have complained but is there any type of mass letter writing or signature boards going? I think if enough legitimate BF server admins got together, perhaps we could sway their thinking. or maybe its just a lost cause...?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Like i said i am sure it was one of many reasons they did this. This is the internet, people are going to use the anonymity to their advantage. Why was this particular player harassing you? Did you tell him "you better stop i own this server", if you ignore him he will stop or go away.
Not a NFO employee
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

In my experience they don't go away, other players are offended and say something which just gets them going more. before we discovered the firewall block we had a night where one jagoff was calling everyone f*ggots, n*ggers, sp*cs, so on and so forth, this lasted for 4.5 hours......... not fucking cool. He loved being able to say that he knew we could do nothing about it and he could do whatever he wants.

I built my clan around that one fundamental belief. No racist or homophobic bullshit allowed. Swear all you want, baserape, whatever but racist crap is not tolerated. It's really tough when you have tons of players saying ban him, kick him since it is offending them also. The majority of players do not want to see that crap, the racists are very few. But when we get them they usually really really bad.

Sorry that I keep getting on my soap bench, it just drives me nuts :)
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

mikedbom wrote:removing those tools does not make any sense to me. so what if you're banned because an admin cant take losing...go to another server. i've been banned or kicked from plenty of COD4 servers due to admins getting butthurt. There are hundreds of servers available, i can find another one that has good admins. and because of all this, i have to sit on my server while some dirtbag cusses me out, calls me every name in the book, knowing i can do nothing about it. that makes for a better gaming experience? running an official server is like buying a car, only you cant roll down the windows and the engine doesnt start. sure you can get in it but that is all.

I posted this in another topic:
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... 283#p53283

But this is how I feel about your situation. I totally understand that you want to kick people, but if you want to do that have a ranked server, read why I feel that way below.

Personally I'm not certain why people still continue to be upset about "official servers" and not being able to do certain things on them. You do realize that you are just "hosting" the server for the folks at EA/DICE. That was the intentions from Day 1 of it and when they released it explaining what can be done.

We shouldn't be complaining about THAT, rather complaining about what they are doing to the "ranked" servers. Let the quick match send people there, stop treating ranked servers like official servers, etc, etc. . We would be able to do that if there were NO official servers, but so many people out there are still using and supporting official servers which just helps EA/DICE and gives them more reason to keep them around.

I know this will probably piss off some, so sorry to those individuals but you knew what official servers were going to be and now you're upset about it.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I am all for removing official and push the traffic to ranked!! I have already given up on this myself since EA doesn't give a damn about the admins and the community.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

Ranked server or not...if you pay for it, you should be able to admin it appropriately. That said, I'm not entirely upset with the Official Servers. So DICE/EA want to lock the Official servers down...fine. But to funnel quick match traffic ONLY to the Official servers is asinine. So I agree with that 100%. If you are quick matched into a ranked server governed by a badmin, you leave and quick match elsewhere. I see no reason why they would limit that.

I prefer a hardcore server. They are more realistic and faster paced. Ranked is the way to go for sure but if you are a new gaming clan, such as I, it can really be tough to build server traffic with a small community. Weighing the cost of running an empty server vs. unable to control one is a problem.

The proper solution would be to allow QM traffic for both Official and Ranked. When do we start the petition?
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

mikedbom wrote:Ranked server or not...if you pay for it, you should be able to admin it appropriately. That said, I'm not entirely upset with the Official Servers. So DICE/EA want to lock the Official servers down...fine. But to funnel quick match traffic ONLY to the Official servers is asinine. So I agree with that 100%. If you are quick matched into a ranked server governed by a badmin, you leave and quick match elsewhere. I see no reason why they would limit that.

I prefer a hardcore server. They are more realistic and faster paced. Ranked is the way to go for sure but if you are a new gaming clan, such as I, it can really be tough to build server traffic with a small community. Weighing the cost of running an empty server vs. unable to control one is a problem.

The proper solution would be to allow QM traffic for both Official and Ranked. When do we start the petition?

You start it up I am right behind you ;)
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

It's being worked on right now as the GCN is in contact with EA/DICE and we are working to figure something out to get quick match traffic to our servers.

Also this was something that I brought up like weeks before release on Battlelog, but nobody cared. Because I agree if we pay for it we should be able to do what we want with it, but that's not the case.

I've talked about this stuff long before it started to happen and just got a cold shoulder from pretty much the entire battlefield community.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community