kicks and bans not working

[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: kicks and bans not working

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

I was not watching the forums until the day the game was released. Too much going on in RL.

I was pretty involved when they took away our ability to host our own servers. Or was it you could only host a nonranked? I don't remember.

I tried petitions, emails, calling EA to let us have LAN parties. We are a big LAN community and hold quarterly LAN parties, so when BF2 took away that and forced us to pay to host we were pretty upset. Lot's of people in WDT only play the game at LAN. Most are young professionals with families so we have more to do than game. We found EA did not care whatsoever what we thought, even though we had been heavily involved in the community since BF42.

I hope you make some headway and if you need my voice let me know!
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:I was not watching the forums until the day the game was released. Too much going on in RL.
Same here. It's hard to believe that any of the developers even play online games since they seem so out of touch with the community. Petitions hardly ever work...you need a strong voice from a very large majority that has powerful backers.

I had a vision of a game server admin alliance of sorts that would have the support of some of the biggest gaming clans, the best game server hosting companies, and any other interested parties. It would span across multiple platforms and all games. For the gamer, it would provide a centralized resource for problems with the games, admins, finding good admins and good servers, and a communication path to big gaming companies. For the game server admin, a place to discuss problems with specific games, communicate on a large scale with big gaming, share resources and ideas for better game server environments. Much more could go into this such as support from PBBans and other anti-cheat communities, Rcon coders like Procon and B3, mod support communities. Anyone heard of or seen anything like that out there?

There are quite a few BF4 petitions already going out there.
http://www.change.org/search?_csrf=gxtJ ... tlefield+4
Although I do not see one for adding quick match traffic to Ranked servers.
mikedbom
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by mikedbom »

ADKGamers wrote:It's being worked on right now as the GCN is in contact with EA/DICE and we are working to figure something out to get quick match traffic to our servers.
Looks like GCN has a platform for this...gonna check them out.