DDoS

Grenadier
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

DDoS

Post by Grenadier »

Our data center is getting hit almost every night. It's not crashing us per se but some of the attacks are are so large they are literally crowding all the players off the servers and they're getting booted. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? NFO is a great company and I would swear by them. Is it just NFO being targeted, a specific customer, (please tell me if it's me), or what?

It's getting old as I don't want to switch centers with a dedicated box.
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: DDoS

Post by Cyberbang3r »

Grenadier wrote:Our data center is getting hit almost every night. It's not crashing us per se but some of the attacks are are so large they are literally crowding all the players off the servers and they're getting booted. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? NFO is a great company and I would swear by them. Is it just NFO being targeted, a specific customer, (please tell me if it's me), or what?

As a veteran dealing with with DDos attacks hackers will never go away no matter what host you use. BF3 was exactly the same way. I really have no problem with dealing with ddos attacks every once in a while; they come and go. I do have a problem when they take down the whole network on a weekly basis. Yes, people would say that the host is not responsible for attacks and true for the most part; but in the end it pisses off the player who stops supporting the renter; who in turn stops paying for the server and then the game as a whole. So passing the buck is never good for anyone. So no matter how frustrated I get with NFO at times ---> they are the best at trying right now. With that said, the host in which provides the best in future DDos prevention will only prosper! When you show me a host that actually listens to those whom live and breath the game -- you my friend will have hit the jackpot!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Grenadier wrote:Our data center is getting hit almost every night. It's not crashing us per se but some of the attacks are are so large they are literally crowding all the players off the servers and they're getting booted. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? NFO is a great company and I would swear by them. Is it just NFO being targeted, a specific customer, (please tell me if it's me), or what?

There have been a few rather large attacks recently which have been causing problems for Internap as a whole. We've been working directly with Internap to upgrade their infrastructure and upgrading ours to help prevent future attacks.

Each time an attack occurred we were immediately available to start mitigating the attack and our support was here to field any questions about the attack, with our standard 1-3 minute response times :D
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

WTH just happened to my Chicago server? Was lagging real bad just a bit ago then everyone got disconnected. Can't even tell if the server crashed or not...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Now it's not even able to be connected to and not showing up on Battlelog. The CPanel claims that the server is indeed up and running, though...
ImageImage
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

same here.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

WOW!!!! UGH, GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
Madhavok
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Madhavok »

I've been having issues with my CS: GO servers and teamspeak. My TS server went down and my game servers lagged so bad that it made it unplayable. I will have to say that the downtime is little to none as NFO handles the attacks very quickly. Be patient, as NFO and Internap are working on work arounds for these types of attacks.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197986357938]Image[/url]
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've been posting updates to the control panel for every attack that we see. In the case of tonight's very large attacks, several locations were hit -- it's likely that one of these kids with DDoS tools found some new spoofing-capable bots and harnessed them against everyone he didn't like. Several of the servers hit run BF4.

We're still waiting for critical Internap upgrades, and they tell us that they are working on them. We have also been working on upgrades of our own at multiple locations.
Dixa
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Dixa »

I ban pro's, people who use ethnic or homophobic slurs, people who disrespect other players in any way, baserapers, people who camp in the uncaps and mouthy people that think arguing that a particular word isn't technically being used as an epithet in this particular context is something I would somehow allow in spite of the above... i'm sure my dixa1 server has a few upset kiddies which may have contributed to the san jose ddos tonight.

otherwise im pleased with my service. most of my regulars play on my server because I keep the games as fair as possible for the average joe's and because it's damned stable. been top 100 for almost the entire 2 months this game came out and it's not a clan run or sponsored server. I was the only admin until two of my donators proved their quality, so they help me out when im not on.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

say you could catch one of the DDos punks, other than a severe flogging, what can be done legally?
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Anybody have servers in Atlanta or New York? Just curious if they've been getting hit as much as Chicago has. Or if NFO is the only GSP in Chicago that is affected by the DDoS attacks.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Madhavok
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Madhavok »

I was wondering if Dallas has been hit like this. Thinking of moving my box to there.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197986357938]Image[/url]
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

jaythegreat1, all Chicago is more vulnerable than some other locations right now (I explain why in the events log) and that's one reason that they're being felt more acutely there. Other locations see attacks, but most attacks aren't big enough at those other locations to be noticed by customers.

We're definitely not the only RSP with customers being targeted by attacks. Last night's attacks specifically targeted some of the most popular BF4 servers, and other recent attacks have specifically targeted some of the most popular CS:S and CS:GO servers. Other providers with popular servers are seeing hits like this. Blaze has also been attacked on many occasions.
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

Edge100x wrote:all Chicago is more vulnerable than some other locations right now (I explain why in the events log) and that's one reason that they're being felt more acutely there. Other locations see attacks, but most attacks aren't big enough at those other locations to be noticed by customers.

Will this be everyones event logs? If so I look forward to seeing that so I can pass on the info to the people getting upset at me over something I have no control over. haha

Thanks! :)
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community