DDoS

xPuppetx
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: DDoS

Post by xPuppetx »

Well per my even log it was my server that was attacked. I was moved to a Dallas server from a Denver server. I was kind of upset at 1st till I talked to customer service. I must say I have dealt with several gaming servers over the years and I'm glade I went with NFO this time. I couldn't of asked for a better experience. It wasn't labor intensive to move it to Dallas and it was super fast. As a computer tech I know there's going to be hiccups, and I know there will be downtime. Thanks to the price and the customer service you have a customer for life...

BTW: My server hasn't been registered on Game Servers.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

It's really depressing with how much my servers have all collectively been out of commission due to shit like this and to see my BF4 payments due especially on a day like this. I've gotta fork over this much money for servers that have been constantly crashing, Blazing, and being DDoSed...

http://soldiersofchaosgaming.com/images ... ayment.png
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

I'm right there with ya Tim. Just had my over $350 payment due a few days ago. This just sucks. I know there's a group out there who is just going clan hopping and ddosing team speak and servers. But nobody will ever do anything about it even though it's clearly talked about publicly on their team speak especially.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Well, if this is still an issue once all the funds from my coffer are used up (probably next month) then I'm calling it quits for sure. I may keep 1 server around. To top it off, I just sent in a Support Request saying that my payments due just snuck up on me and I had intended to change one of my 70 slots servers to a 52 slot one but was too late to do so. After being billed, I had changed it to 52 from 70 and I was wondering if they could just credit around $30 back to my NFO coffer but I just got a reply that they can't do that. -_- Right now I can use all the money I can get to cover all these server costs. They do not come cheap whatsoever!
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Looks like they they were able to help me out with my predicament that I just posted about so that a bit of a load off of me. Whew! Now I'm still waiting for the side-effects of these DDoSes to go away. Some of my servers are still not coming up. I think they should be coming up any time soon here, though.
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

If I'm reading this right, all of my servers in my signature that are down seem to have gotten an event notice in their NFO Control Panel saying that they each got targeted specifically so now NFO had to null-route them for 24 hours and we can't use or play on them until that 24 hour period has expired?
A huge DDoS attack against your IP address 66.150.155.229 today overloaded Internap's internal 20 Gbps link at your location and caused location-wide problems. We were forced to null-route the IP address in response. This null-route will need to remain in place for at least 24 hours.

We are actively pursuing Internap about upgrades to their infrastructure in order to improve their ability to handle attacks like this one. We have also ordered upgrades of our own connection to them from 10 Gbps to 20 Gbps, which should double the amount of bandwidth that we have access to on their end.
ImageImage
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

ADKGamers wrote:I'm right there with ya Tim. Just had my over $350 payment due a few days ago. This just sucks. I know there's a group out there who is just going clan hopping and ddosing team speak and servers. But nobody will ever do anything about it even though it's clearly talked about publicly on their team speak especially.
Who is it??

I had this problem with my CS server. The guy who wanted to get to Number 1 was hammering the top servers, and fairly open about it in his Forums. I reported him, but as you said, nothing happened.

DDOSing is a Crime, isn't it??
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

Ditto :?
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

ADKGamers wrote:I'm right there with ya Tim. Just had my over $350 payment due a few days ago. This just sucks. I know there's a group out there who is just going clan hopping and ddosing team speak and servers. But nobody will ever do anything about it even though it's clearly talked about publicly on their team speak especially.
We're all getting affected with these DDoS attacks. Would you please share what you know about this group? If you don't want to post in public, would you PM the info to me? I'd like to keep my eyes out for this group if they show up in my server or TS server.

Thanks!
snivell
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by snivell »

Truly pathetic children.
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

Seems like its always the Chicago locations? Our second server is in San Jose and doesn't see many attacks at all. Is Chicago an easier target for Ddos?
Madhavok
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Madhavok »

I just moved my servers to Dallas, and the day after there was a notice of a DDoS attack. I don't think that any location is being targeted directly, but as John said it's mainly the top servers on GameTracker that are being targeted, reguardless of location. It seems that a lot of the top servers happen to be in Chicago.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197986357938]Image[/url]
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

Just had my CHI server drop everyone. That makes it twice today.
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

So just after posting about our San Jose server not having any problems, it dropped after 3 days of uptime? Wonder if this guy involved in these attacks is reading these forums. Also, our 64 man server is now offiline soon after my post.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

marrr wrote:Just had my CHI server drop everyone. That makes it twice today.
my TS Server in Chi is down too .